Aliens ranged attacks...

CutterCutter Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3230Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Can they hurt human turrets? bug maybe?</div>Alright, after playing most of the day and night away, I have yet to kill a single human turret with any of the alien ranged attacks - from needle-spines to acid-rockets, it doesn't do anything to human turrets.

Running up, using teeth or claws - that did the trick, but after lobbing a half-dozen bile-bombs into the room, not one turret I ran up to was scratched.

I didn't read anything in the manual about human turrets being impervious to alien ranged-attacks, so I'm assuming its a bug of some sort.

Anyone else had the same thing happen?
-Cutter

Comments

• HerrSpitzvogelHerrSpitzvogel Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1573Members
    I've noticed that too. I remember reading on the forum that the bile bomb does tremendous damage to structures, but I've bombarded a resource gatherer and several turrets with them with absolutely 0 results, then run up to both and taken them down (from 100% health) with a few slashes.
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    that just proves how effective bile bomb is, if you are indeed taking them out with a few slashes.

The turrets and resource towers have very, very high health levels and it takes a good long time chomping away at one to kill it.

Bile bomb does 50% more damage to buildings then it does to players.  I was using it all day too, and I didnt see a problem with it.
  • GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Buildings don't have any kind of visible indication that they're hurt.  You have to get up close to them, and look at the sprite that surrounds it.  The closer the thing is to zero/red, the more damaged the building is.