Registration Key

bummertinbummertin Join Date: 2004-08-31 Member: 31096Members
<div class="IPBDescription">key for ns?</div> there seems to be a valid cd key that i need to register inorder to play NS, i have all the neccessary files and i am running a retail version of Half Life and condition Zero so it is a all valid but i dont know what to put for NS, it is a mod after all right i remeber the old HL mods never asking for registration, please help asap, thank you

Comments

• Wr3ckedWr3cked Join Date: 2004-08-31 Member: 31093Members
    I have the same problem, Bumm. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this out to no avail. I've moved files back and forth, uninstalled and reinstalled, but the thing is, everything goes into Steam/Steamaps properly, and the game is in fact recognized by Steam. However, although Steam knows it's there, Steam CZ requires Registration.

I almost bought the premier pack through Steam, wondering if that could cure the problem, but I don't even like any of the games on the premier pack to dish out 34.99 for a game that is supposed to be free.. so its like, WTH?
  • Wr3ckedWr3cked Join Date: 2004-08-31 Member: 31093Members
    I'm such a tool, I bought the Collection pack for 40 bucks so I can play this.
  • KezeiKezei Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21127Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Make sure that you've installed it into SteamApps/e-mail/half-life

Or I believe it's SteamApps/e-mail/cstrike

it should create a directory named NSP, which is the correct location. If you're installing it in the half-life directory, make sure you start a half-life game before installing ns. NS requires half-life files to play, and they are installed upon you entering a hl game.
  • bummertinbummertin Join Date: 2004-08-31 Member: 31096Members
    thanks for the info i'll try it out and tell you if it works
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Have you actualy played HL on Steam?

if not then do so

if it asks for a CD key, then give them your CD key.