Mp_blockscripts

pGc-ProdigypGc-Prodigy Join Date: 2003-12-05 Member: 23970Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Is it working yet?</div> I distinctly remember Voogru saying that mp_blockscripts would work in the new version, blocking all scripts and binds of mwheelup and mwheeldown. However, I don't see this in the changelog. Is this working yet?

And this isn't intended as a debate on whether scripts should or should not be blocked, just a question as to if a <b>feature</b> of NS that was intended to be added several releases ago is working.

Comments

• voogruvoogru Naturally Modified (ex. NS programmer) Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1827Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    I removed the feature where it blocked the mousehwheel stuff, it should block any script that tries to issue a repeating command.

(Ie, +attack, +jump, etc).
  • GamezLordGamezLord Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13457Members, Constellation
    allthough i do not agree with script blocking, i tested it out and it works great... i did a bind for pistol fast shooting... blocked it. but what i liked is the fact my saying binds still worked :]
  • billcatbillcat Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4903Members, Constellation
    bahahah.

I'm can tell that this is working great, just by some of the comments I've heard on my server already. For example:

Deicide-k^: HEY GUYS NOT SCRIPTING IS COOL
    Deicide-k^: WE SUCK AT THE GAME SO WE LASH OUT AT SCRIPTS
    Dropped Deicide-k^ from server

Given the content he added to everyone's game I doubt having him drop will be a loss remembered by anyone. At the same time we had a bunch of other people playing the game as designed and having a good time. Nobody else complained about the lack of scripts. I suppose there are other servers out there for the scripters or mebe they'll even migrate back to CS.

Kudos to voogru for allowing server operators to help trolls like this find someplace else to play. No doubt he would have res****d, ramboed or base recycled had he stayed.
  • pGc-ProdigypGc-Prodigy Join Date: 2003-12-05 Member: 23970Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-voogru+Sep 4 2004, 02:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (voogru @ Sep 4 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I removed the feature where it blocked the mousehwheel stuff, it should block any script that tries to issue a repeating command.

(Ie, +attack, +jump, etc). <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Voogru - in case you didn't see this in the other forum, here's a potential "bug" with the new beta:

<a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79600' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...showtopic=79600</a>

Relates to mp_blockscripts 1 directly.
  • iMpeCCaBleiMpeCCaBle Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31387Members
    Binding attack or jump on mousewheel isn't really a script, but it works like a pistol- or strafescript.

So why didn't you block this, too?
    In my opinion if you want to block scripts you should also block this "scriptlike" features.
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    Ive been using mp_blockscripts 2, it seems to be working great.
  • Svv4TSvv4T Join Date: 2004-02-24 Member: 26880Members
    What's the difference between mp_blockscript 1 and mp_blockscript 2?
  • WeazelWeazel Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27303Members
  • WeazelWeazel Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27303Members
    edited September 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-billcat+Sep 4 2004, 03:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (billcat @ Sep 4 2004, 03:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bahahah.

I'm can tell that this is working great, just by some of the comments I've heard on my server already. For example:

Deicide-k^: HEY GUYS NOT SCRIPTING IS COOL
    Deicide-k^: WE SUCK AT THE GAME SO WE LASH OUT AT SCRIPTS
    Dropped Deicide-k^ from server

Given the content he added to everyone's game I doubt having him drop will be a  loss remembered by anyone.  At the same time we had a bunch of other people playing the game as designed and having a good time. Nobody else complained about the lack of scripts. I suppose there are other servers out there for the scripters or mebe they'll even migrate back to CS.

Kudos to voogru for allowing server operators to help trolls like this find someplace else to play. No doubt he would have res****d, ramboed or base recycled had he stayed. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Are you showing off? Or are you trying to start a flame war? If you really run a server then you should know that throwing around comments like "He wont be missed" can easily start a flamewar..

O.. and though I don't see a point to blocksripts.. it works well.. gj