Problems Problems Problems...

PrankPrank Join Date: 2003-02-09 Member: 13311Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Missing textures ingame and more</div> Alright i really have nasty bugs in my map. these are the only ones preventing to beta test the map.

Ill give a discription of all bugs

bug #1

A door. nothing special. just check the next reply

Comments

• PrankPrank Join Date: 2003-02-09 Member: 13311Members, Constellation
    well here is pic #2 and this happens on both sides. the texture is just missing ingame.....
    Alright here is another problem with a missing texture.

I am using the latest compile tools of xpcagey

here is another example.
    edited September 2004
    Here i show a minimap that has a bug too. Maybe it has to do with a problem i am going to explain now. On the top hallways there is an invisble clip or brush of some kind. but i can't find anything in the editor. there is absolutely nothing there on the editor

bugs

1- Door and the missing textures
    2- Normal brushes that partially missing textures
    3- Minimap Problem
    4- Invisible brushes that block players. They only block 1 way not 2
  • KalessinKalessin Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17554Members, Constellation
    The hall of mirrors effect is probably caused by a VIS error, open up VHE and use the "Check for problems" tool to see if you have any invalid brushes. Also, have a look at your compile log to see if that mentions anything unusual. The problem can usually be fixed by deleting the offending brush, and creating it again. As for the clipping error, I have no idea - sorry.
  • HibameHibame Join Date: 2003-11-16 Member: 22974Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The mini map cuts off before the end of the valve limits

so move your map a bit
    <!--QuoteBegin-Hibame+Sep 11 2004, 11:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Hibame @ Sep 11 2004, 11:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The mini map cuts off before the end of the valve limits

so move your map a bit <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    the problem is that that part doesn't exist but i shows on the minimap...

It might be causing problem #4 although i am not sure.
  • NEO_PhyteNEO_Phyte We need shirtgons&#33; Join Date: 2003-12-16 Member: 24453Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Prank+Sep 11 2004, 11:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Prank @ Sep 11 2004, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Hibame+Sep 11 2004, 11:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Hibame @ Sep 11 2004, 11:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The mini map cuts off before the end of the valve limits

so move your map a bit <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    the problem is that that part doesn't exist but i shows on the minimap...

It might be causing problem #4 although i am not sure. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    is that Minimap error your readyroom by any chance?
    no the ready room is placed on the right bottom and high and above the commanders sight lvl