Ip Through A Router

DarthChocoboDarthChocobo Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7110Members
Maybe this has been answered but, how do I set myserver up so that the master servers recognize the correct IP ? What I mean is, I have my server behind a router, and when I start hlds I have to use THAT machines IP (192.168.1.3) and when I look at it in the master list when I start NS it says it's '192.168.1.3' when it's actually my ip to get to it.. so ... yeah what do I do?

Comments

• DarthChocoboDarthChocobo Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7110Members
    Nevermind, like 5 people managed to connect while I was testing, so obviously the ip is right
  • SmellslikefecesSmellslikefeces Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8194Members
    edited November 2002
    Actually 192.168.XXX.XXX along with 10.XXX.XXX.XXX are the ip pools that are assigned to home users. The ip your listing doens't show up on the web as such. It shows up as something else. Also people can get on because the HL master servers see your real ip address and associate that with your server's name in the listing. If you want to know your actually external ip address go into your router's setup and look at status. Or unplug your router and plug in your main computer to the line coming from your cable modem. The ip address that it gets dhcp'ed is your external one.