Ultimate Audio Cable

StormLiongStormLiong Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11569Members
<div class="IPBDescription">perfection in audio cabling</div> <a href='http://www.ohgizmo.com/?p=464#comments' target='_blank'>http://www.ohgizmo.com/?p=464#comments</a>

So here is how it is made

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The crystalline structure found in even the most high-end cables is the cause of signal degradation. The Indra cables are manufactured by first heating a metal and then cooling it to minus 192 degrees with liquid nitrogen. Then, a hot metal alloy ( 1,090 degrees) is poured on. The rapid cooling of this alloy prevents any signal degrading crystalline structures to form. Apparently this design has its roots in the Russian military or space program.

The result is a 0.025mm in diameter — 10 times lower in gauge than gold wire - cable that facilitates noise and artifact free audio transmission.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the price......

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->MSRP: $5750.00 for a one meter pair.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• OttoDestructOttoDestruct Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7790Members
    The sad thing is I know an audiophile who would probably pay that much. The sad thing is, after a certain point, the quality of cable really doesn't matter so much as the quality of the recording.
  • R_A_CR_A_C Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16273Members
    edited August 2005
    holy crap that's expensive! FOR JUST 1 METER?!?!?! Just think how much wiring the average home theater system would be!

edit: just did some rough figureing and it came out to ~ $100k.
  • CyndaneCyndane Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22913Members
    I'll stick to my pure glass fibre optic... :-)
  • Marik_SteeleMarik_Steele To rule in hell... Join Date: 2002-11-20 Member: 9466Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-OttoDestruct+Aug 5 2005, 06:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (OttoDestruct @ Aug 5 2005, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The sad thing is I know an audiophile who would probably pay that much. The sad thing is, after a certain point, the quality of cable really doesn't matter so much as the quality of the recording. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In that case, I think this sort of cable is better marketed to the recording industry instead of audiophiles.
  • TykjenTykjen Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12552Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also funny, ive seen severel blindtests on TV where they use hyper expensive cables, and cheap cables, and in many of the tests the experts have chosen the cheap over the expensive.

Dont believe the hype i say. And ill second what was said about teh quality is more about how the music was recorded.
  • CyndaneCyndane Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22913Members
    Don't forget the quality of the speaker, if you buy a cheap stereo it is going to be cheap reguardless of cable.
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    Well, sometimes quality of cabling has an efect on recording, too. Recently I was recording some stuff off my consoles using an adapter to convert from audiovisual cables to microphone\speaker-cable cable. Since the adapter only cost $3, the sound quality isn't wonderful.
  • AllUrHiveRblong2usAllUrHiveRblong2us By Your Powers Combined... Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11244Members
    When a manufacturer claims their product gives "better quality" sound, how exactly does one measure that anyways?
  • ironpancakeironpancake Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16643Members
    I would assume a cleaner, less hissy sound.
  • BreakthroughBreakthrough Texture Artist (ns_prometheus) Join Date: 2005-03-27 Member: 46620Members, Constellation
    Interestingly expensive... When I get rich in the future, I'll buy out the company and sell them to homeless people!
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-AllUrHiveRblong2us+Aug 6 2005, 10:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AllUrHiveRblong2us @ Aug 6 2005, 10:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> When a manufacturer claims their product gives "better quality" sound, how exactly does one measure that anyways? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It sounds less ****.