plse help me...

Sonic4lifeSonic4life Join Date: 2007-02-27 Member: 60138Members
hi im real noob at this but plse help! i wana install natural selection but a error keeps poping up and it says unable to find a valid steam install? WTH? plse help. an it is a valid steam install i hav counter strike an condition zero on it.

Comments

• ChristophChristoph Join Date: 2007-02-27 Member: 60136Members
    i am german! and i have the same problem!
    If i install the Setup tell me: Setup has not detected a valid Steam Install. Do you wish to continue?.
    I love this game! so please help!
  • BlooBloo Village Fool of UWF Join Date: 2006-11-09 Member: 58497Members
    Reinstall steam

If it doesn't work.

then you are screwed.
  • Sonic4lifeSonic4life Join Date: 2007-02-27 Member: 60138Members
    man it still doesnt work... does any on know how to fix it? plse help!
  • NsPlayeronoNsPlayerono Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34088Members, Constellation
    If the problem doesn't solve reinstalling Contact the technical support of Steam for more details and check the faq before send your technical request. Steam contact you in the next 4-5 viable days (Not Sundays).

Regards.
  • Lt_PatchLt_Patch Join Date: 2005-02-07 Member: 40286Members
    The issue here, is that the error isn't worded the best in the world.
    NS needs a valid HALF-LIFE installation, under Steam. If you don't have Half-Life on your Steam account, then you need to either download the files for it, which should be done automatically when binding a new CD-key to your account, or by doubleclicking on the Half-Life line under Steam, and following the wizard.
    If you've not got a Half-Life CD key bound to your account,t hen you'll need to go out and buy it, which should costs around about US$20 at the very most.

Until then, your problem will remain