2 More Ready-room Morons

WinkieWinkie Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4034Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Please ban these idiots.</div> Earlier on, on the [3rd] clan server, 2 idiots exploiting the readyroom bug, both blocking me etc, sticking themselves in buildings etc etc etc.

VERY ANNOYING, apparantly they were standing on top of aliens as they were trying to evolve, anyway, here's the cap of their wonIDs (circled). I have more screenshots of them blatently exploiting, PM/92863287 on ICQ for them (haven't got the bandwidth at the moment)

<a href='http://www.randompc.com/private_images/readyroom_bug1.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.randompc.com/private_images/rea...dyroom_bug1.jpg</a> (linked for size)

as I said, please ensure these people are banned from your server, if possible post which server you've banned them from, thanks.

Comments

• doctorskizodoctorskizo Join Date: 2002-07-31 Member: 1035Members, Constellation
    alot of people stand on the evolving aliens. i dont see the problem, once you evolve you can move. it's not a real puzzle to solve there.
  • KanatiKanati Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9252Members, Constellation
    Just saw the same two on [Breed] Gestation Chamber server using the ready room bug and doing the exact same things.
  • MellonpoprMellonpopr Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2304Members
    did you get a demo ?
  • doctorskizodoctorskizo Join Date: 2002-07-31 Member: 1035Members, Constellation
    well .03 will come out soon and the rr exploit should be fixed, i think
  • HtNickoliHtNickoli Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9786Members
    Its easy for a server admin with access to the logs to remove the idiots useing the exploit. Its also easy for any admin watching the server with a webpage info script, or server control gui that lists team and players model(I use halfd for linux) to take care of.

Ither grep/search your logs for anyone on the alien team with a marine model, or vise-versa. Same applies to the gui/info list. If you see a player on your server who is on one team, but has the model of the other team. They are useing the rdyroom exploit.
  • cracker_jackmaccracker_jackmac Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6891Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin--[Ht]Nickoli+Nov 26 2002, 11:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> ([Ht]Nickoli @ Nov 26 2002, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Its easy for a server admin with access to the logs to remove the idiots useing the exploit. Its also easy for any admin watching the server with a webpage info script, or server control gui that lists team and players model(I use halfd for linux) to take care of.

Ither grep/search your logs for anyone on the alien team with a marine model, or vise-versa. Same applies to the gui/info list. If you see a player on your server who is on one team, but has the model of the other team. They are useing the rdyroom exploit.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1) i don't have time to babysit my server
    2) This happens to be but w/o me trying sometimes
    3) i wouldn't wana ban myself now would i?
    4) I have other admins/regulars who are more than happy to report exploiters (if not admin_vote_kick) them to/for me
  • SmellslikefecesSmellslikefeces Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8194Members
    Yep I had this same crap happen until I banned the two idiots. Sad...very, very sad.