Connection to Steam lost

H@zardH@zard Join Date: 2008-01-12 Member: 63392Members
I just installed NS on my new computer and whenever I join a server I can play for 1 or 2 minutes before I get booted to the menu and the message says "Your connection to Steam has been lost". This only happens on NS, no other Steam games, so I'm wondering if it's my internet, or if there's some kind of patch I need.

Also I'm running on Vista, if that means anything.

Comments

• corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1667234:date=Jan 12 2008, 02:56 PM:name=H@zard)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(H@zard @ Jan 12 2008, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1667234"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also I'm running on Vista, if that means anything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well there ya go.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Ignore corps, he is less then useless.

What other Steam games have you tried this with? (any other HL1 based games?)

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to help, I would really suggest poking around over at Steampowered.com as this still sounds like a Steam problem, not NS.

The standards are:
    Delete clientregistry.blob
    uninstall/reinstall NS/Steam
    Update your NIC's drivers
    Are you on a wireless network?
  • H@zardH@zard Join Date: 2008-01-12 Member: 63392Members
    Now that you mention it, I haven't played any other HL1 based games recently. I'll try that out.

I'll check out the forums and try your suggestions, thanks for the help.
  • snoitcelfersnoitcelfer Join Date: 2008-01-27 Member: 63514Members
    Just so you know im having the same problem, the other steam games i play are all source based adn im on xp.
    if a solution to this is found i would be verry happy to know about it.

also what ports does ns use ?