2 new classes for consideration

AceonAceon Join Date: 2008-02-29 Member: 63762Members
edited February 2008 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">new classes</div>i have a suggestion regarding 2 new classes for both the marine and the alien. I think ns is fun but i think this 2 new class may help make ns2 even better.

Alien - The Queen
I know many previous user have been suggesting queen b4 but i hoping to add a bit of my idea about a queen possible for ns2. First a queen can be only 1. It act as a commander for the alien of cos player can choose not to hint the queen command and do as they wish. Some alien command involve mass spawning for revive of dead alien player in emergency, psychic sense which allow for the queen to reveal all marine location for a period of time and attack scream that rise all alien attack power for 1 life. These are command skill thus require for resource to be used and be in the commander mode. However a queen move slow like a marine hvy armored guy due to the size...
Normal skill that use energy
- claw- normal attack that deal 100 damage(hive 1)
-Egg mine- lay a mine that looks like an egg and blow up when a marine is nearby(hive 1)
- poison spray- short distance spray that damage enemy overtime(hive 2)
- sharp scream- stun surround enemy for short duration(hive 3)
Cost- 50 resource to evolve
HP 100 Armor 500

Marine- War droid
As the saying goes why fight yourself when you can get a robot to do it for you? Commander will have to build a Droid control centre. What happen next is just send a marine to interact with the centre to spawn a droid. However the marine will become like a commander, with the main body in the droid command centre.
Plus point of a droid it will not be effected by poison cloud, it float and fly like jet pack, it fire 2 gun without the need to reload ammo and it spawn back as soon as the droid is destroyed but cost resource(5 resource). Bad point... use ammo like rain during monsoon season, 300 ammo can run out in a short while and they can't build.

Normal Skill
Dual Gattling- 20 dmg per shot (50 shot per min for each gun.)
Cutting torch- 30 dmg(same as marine knife)
Self-destruct- 200 dmg
plasma cannon- 50 dmg(semi fire mode) 5 max shot.
HP 150 Armor 80
can be upgrade with a plasma cannon for more powerful attack power.

Droid Command centre-15 resource(Allow 1 droid control)
-upgrade 5 resource for 1 addition droid control up to 3
Rebuild droid-5 resource
Plasma cannon upgrade- 10 resource
If i miss any detail feel free to contact me to ask for supplement on any of the information.

Comments

• RecupelRecupel Join Date: 2008-02-27 Member: 63752Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2008
    Stop thinking in your movie... No need of a queen, the marines and the aliens must both have differents styles of playing... Aliens attack like a horde of coexisting creatures... No need of a big commander alien...
    And for the droids, all marines will flame the team ressource...
    And this is not the spirit of the game...
    Why send soldiers if they are for go controling some droids... Control it directly from the spatial ship...

Darn, it's like Mister StarCraft... Only register to send his own idea in his own topic and no more...
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    Welcome to the forums.
    The Queen:
    While this class doesn't sound overpowered(a good start) it doesn't sound very useful either. Since it's slower than marine base speed and has only a trap ability and close range abilities until hive three it would be extremely vulnerable. I like the idea of an egg mine, but these traps would most likely be limited to hives since any egg out in the open would be suspicious and just shot from a distance. The egg mine sounds like a good kharaa commander ability.

As for the war-droid, there will be a "weld-bot" in the game(as you may all ready know), but I don't think it will take as offensive a role as a war-droid would. While your design is a little overpowered(it's basically equipped with an HMG and a mine plus much more for the cost of an HMG) there will be a bot for the marines in NS2.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Darn, it's like Mister StarCraft... Only register to send his own idea in his own topic and no more...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Everyone has to start somewhere.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Assuming that the existing lifeforms will have somewhat similar roles in the future, I'd like to see more cheap lifeforms that slightly mix up the earlygame. For example a 15 res lifeform that works somewhat well with skulkpacks. Just to break the skulk-lerk routine a bit.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    edited March 2008
    Alien* Commander view is already in heavy consideration/development from what I am aware of.

War droids? Aren't turrets enough for you?

You seriously haven't thought about how these could implement the game, look good, play well and balance well and I can't see these bots going anywhere in NS2.

Edit: * missed off the word alien.