A Little Help Please?

ZarbuckZarbuck Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2248Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A Few Questions...</div> I just had a few questions that I was hoping to get some help with...

1.This is the biggest one and the one I really want to get working... Voice Comm... for some reason my voice comm dose not work at all in NS. I am not talking about using a mic because I don't even have one. What I am talking about is I can not hear any one on voice comm. NS is the first half life mod I have ever played so I thought that it just didn't work for me but than I played SI and TFC the other day and I could hear ppl but they were pretty weak sounding and my voice comm volume is all the way up. I have also noticed that NS is a lot louder than other mods that I have play so I thought that NS might be to loud to hear my voice comm so I turned my game volume all the way off and my voice being the max volume I still could not hear any thing. So I don't know what to do next as I really don't know any thing about half life options and such.

2.Ever now and then when I am trying to find a game and I go to scan for servers half life wants to scan all of the servers for every game even tho I have my filter set to just NS games.

3.Is there any way to get hud_fastswith 1 to work with you mouse wheel. I am used to just clicking the mouse wheel forward and backward to change weapons from every other game I have ever played.

Comments

• FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    1. try this:
    voice_modenable 1
    voice_scale 2
    voice_enable 1
    voice_forcemicrecord 1
    that's my CS voice config.

2. Sometimes you can't connect to a WON scanner, and the you connect to an alternate one, which doesn't accept filters... Download the all seeing eye at www.udpsoft.com

3. hud_fastswitch 1 works only for keyboard... how the **obscenity** did you get it working with your mouse???
  • ZarbuckZarbuck Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2248Members
    First of all thanks a lot for the the all seeing eye I have seen ppl talking about this around the boards but just didn't try it. I can find games that I like a lot faster now. I still can not get my voice comm to work I have tried putting that in to my console and also tried putting it in my autoexec.cfg but still no luck is there a voice.cfg somewhere or do i have to make one or do I just need to try different variables? Also I did not get hud_fastswitch 1 to work with my mouse I wanted to know if there is any thing like hud_fastswith 1 for the mouse so I can have weapon switching like in a lot of other games like GO T2 UT and on and on and on... sorry if it didn't sound right the first time.
    aaahhh

no you can't get work hud_fastwsitch like this because it works only for the keyboard. But you can ask Flayra to implement that, or you may use a script like this:

hud_fastswitch 1
    bind mwheeldown "invnext; +attack; wait; -attack"
    bind mwheelup "invprev; +attack; wait; -attack"

i didn't tried this but it should work
    Very cool... the key binds work just fine thanks a lot on that. Now I figured out that all of the voice_ options are in my config.cfg . So I have been comparing my SI and TFC configs to my NS config file and I was wondering is there a difference between just 1 and 1.000000
    and I was all so wanting to know what it sounds like when you have some one muted. When some one is trying to talk in NS I see there name appear on the side of my screen and then here like a little click. I was wondering if may be I have every one muted some how because it almost sounds like it is trying to play the voice but just gets cut off.
    hmm i think it's like in CS...

and there's no difference between 1 and 1.00000
    I don't have CS...