halp I broke my ns (visually)

That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">red lines</div>My ns shows red lines on the text, or no text, and the scoreboard shows odd, so does the loading screen and the menu stuff. I haven't changed anything on my computer at all, no drivers, no hardware, etc

some places of maps look funk, chat comes thru fine.

any clues?[attachment=35890:co_niveus0002.JPG]
[attachment=35889:co_niveus0000.JPG]

Comments

• Silencer91Silencer91 Join Date: 2009-03-13 Member: 66728Members
    I once had something like that. All textures would ocassionally show big green dots.
    This happens often with NVIDIA cards, usually when they overheat. Try shutting your
    comp down and get some fresh cold air into the room. Then retry. If it's gone, it was
    just good ol' NVIDIA overheating, otherwise try reinstalling. Try with default configurations
    then. If it's still not fixed, see if it happens in other games as well. If it does, check if
    you still have the right to claim an exchange under guarantee. (I registered my NVIDIA
    card online and got 10 years of guarantee on it. Not saying 'No' to that one) Also, cleaning
    your card or even the whole inside of the PC with a vacuum cleaner can also make wonders
    happen. Just don't do that while it's on, and be careful not to snap off any capacitor.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    You should try reseating the video card.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    I guess I should be nice:

TAK Fixed his problem by reseating the video card. He actually posted this, but it was lost in the forum roll back.