I Just Played NS2

lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
... when I was sleeping! During these last several months, I have been having a LOT of game dreams... used to be a lot of TF2 when I started playing that, but I had an NS2 dream today.

I played 2 rounds on the marine side on one of the original NS maps. I don't remember the name, but the marine's spawn point had a huge window that lets you look out into space.

I was the commander for the first round, and started out with marines capping some RT's and building a spawn portal and armory. I quickly identified where the alien hive was by paying attention to where the firefights are happening. Then dreams do what they like to do, skip scenes. The aliens got lots of map control, and marines only had 3 RT's, then 3 fades came out. The fades started wiping out our team, and one marine player commented that the ones being wiped out had shotguns that they bought from the armory.

Then the dream skipped to the 2nd round.... and this is where things get very interesting.

I played as a soldier this time, and the dream skipped a lot to the action parts, so I'll list them:

-When I opened the door, I noticed group of 5 mini-gorges right at my feet behind the door. They jumped on me and blew up on me. I think this is what my mind sees as babblers. (I don't even know what they are in the original NS, this image is from things I read)

-Next, we were fighting some fades.... and what I noticed was that they had 4 arms now. It got away, though.

-The big battle happened last... before my sister woke me up by throwing my pants on me. In this battle, I had a sniper rifle. There were about 7 marines, some with heavy armor, 2 fades, a gorge, a lerk, and the new onos. We were fighting in a corridor with a huge door in the middle that can be opened/closed. I went ahead of the group to scout and opened the door, then I saw a mass of aliens, so I ran back, but forgot to close the door, and the battle began.

The fades were the first to come at us, with lerks supporting with gas. I was staying behind the group to give supportive fire with my sniper rifle, aiming at any healing gorges, and gestating eggs. The eggs had a ton of HP, because I was shooting a lot with my rifle, so I switched back to shooting down gorges. While I was firing, a skulk bit me from behind, but a friendly marine with a shotgun quickly took him out. My rifle had a very noticeable bullet trail.

Then when I turned back around to the battle, the Onos came in, and all the marines focused fire on it. Then I woke up.

Comments

• PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    I can't see a place for a sniper rifle, but still a funny read =D
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1855Members
    Awww.. wish I had dreams like that. I'm sure there are quite a few games I would enjoy playing if I were the one making the rules. :P
  • ratclawratclaw Join Date: 2008-06-12 Member: 64433Members
    Quick, draw out everything you can remember about the layout of the map! That is a very good place to get inspiration for a level.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714529:date=Jun 28 2009, 10:02 PM:name=lilboy98)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lilboy98 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played 2 rounds on the marine side on one of the original NS maps. I don't remember the name, but the marine's spawn point had a huge window that lets you look out into space.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds like ns_lost to me
  • kickerkicker Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62397Members, Constellation
    where do i get the drugs you took ?

srsly :D
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1714638:date=Jun 29 2009, 06:28 AM:name=kicker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kicker @ Jun 29 2009, 06:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714638"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->where do i get the drugs you took ?

srsly :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't know about a drug, but NS certainly is addictive.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want to know what the Heavy Armor looks like now. I sure hope as hell it doesn't look like a Tincan-Suit anymore.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited June 2009
    As a Kid and teenager i got the same dreams about some games, i dream about halo (before it was ported to xbox).
    I guess you dream about a game if you think many times about it, i dream about a girl after thinking much of her ^^
    no wait, i dream about team fortress 2, because some days i play it a lot, but NS2, hmm there are to less infos and no gameplay, so no dreams *g*.
    Did you still play NS1?
    That would explain something.
    Everytime i dream about something, i AM the "player" with real hands and stuff, i remind halo, i was behind a small cliff, i saw that tiny "aliens" i grab him with my hands i got him on his neck and i throw him down the cliff.
    Dreams about games are cool, you are always the real player, man i wish we have Virtual Reality now like in Matrix or something.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Who said you aint jacked in? :)
  • PhlashPhlash Join Date: 2008-02-18 Member: 63674Members, Constellation
    This is pretty crazy, because last night I too had a dream I was playing NS2! The level was set outdoors, and the time of day of the level was mid afternoon. I was playing as a skulk and kicking some serious marine butt in my dream. The skulk leap seemed to have twice (or 3 times as much in some cases) range as the one in NS1; I was able to jump from the spire of a courtyard hut (I can't remember the exact name of them) and jump about 20 yards to hit my target. I remembered a lot more when I woke up but have already forgotten about a lot of it :(
  • AvataAvata Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67477Members
    I wouldn't mind dreaming about NS2.

I'm playing NS1 so much these days that I was watching True Blood on TV.... and I kept trying to press [TAB] to see who was still alive and pressing [C] to see where Sookie was....

That was weird enough
  • lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
    Just had another one. =D

I was playing on aliens and was Onos most of the time. Everything was pretty normal in terms of gameplay except when I devour a heavy, I move MUCH slower. I thought I was going to die when I devoured 1 heavy in front of another... 'cuz he had an HMG. But luckily there was a corner turn so I was able to avoid a lot of damage. I also did some charging devours. =)
  • IronFistIronFist Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58805Members
    Mine isn't NS/NS2 related and was 4 years ago, but was still pretty odd. I was playing BF2 on Gulf of Oman, mostly in the MEC helicopter.

I'll cut this short; turns out my sister was playing BF2 that morning while I was asleep (I slept until 11AM) and related a gameplay experience curiously similar to my own in-dream (I could only recall a few specific sequences, one involving a detailed aerial chopper "dogfight"). I had never seen the tank in the pool at the Hotel cap point, but I did see it in this dream. So, I asked my sister what was unusual at hotel (I figured she was joking and going along with my dream's description). Yep, she mentioned the tank being in the pool as she orbited it!

Still not sure if there's something to be made of it, or it's just a random fluke... but, you never know, maybe you're remote viewing someone else ;)
  • StinkyStinky Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63182Members
    edited June 2009
    Mmmm... last week I had a dream that I was in S.F. and hung out with the devs.... Max was awesome, but Charlie was totally a jerk.

No offense to Charlie. It was just a dream... =)
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    I don't remember any dreams about NS. But i dreamed about Game prototype tho game sux hard !
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited June 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1714658:date=Jun 29 2009, 04:50 PM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jun 29 2009, 04:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*g*<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    wtf is *g*

This is one bizarre thread, I must say. Not knockin', just sayin'.

<!--quoteo(post=1714814:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:55 AM:name=IronFist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IronFist @ Jun 30 2009, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mine isn't NS/NS2 related and was 4 years ago, but was still pretty odd. I was playing BF2 on Gulf of Oman, mostly in the MEC helicopter.

I'll cut this short; turns out my sister was playing BF2 that morning while I was asleep (I slept until 11AM) and related a gameplay experience curiously similar to my own in-dream (I could only recall a few specific sequences, one involving a detailed aerial chopper "dogfight"). I had never seen the tank in the pool at the Hotel cap point, but I did see it in this dream. So, I asked my sister what was unusual at hotel (I figured she was joking and going along with my dream's description). Yep, she mentioned the tank being in the pool as she orbited it!

Still not sure if there's something to be made of it, or it's just a random fluke... but, you never know, maybe you're remote viewing someone else ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, in that period of half-sleep just before you wake up, your dreams tend to be extremely active. And they tend to be greatly influenced by the things going on around you as you half-sleep.
    Do you ever listen to music when you sleep? I do.
    Sometimes it makes you have some <b>f-cked up</b> dreams.
    It's awesome.
  • lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1714846:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:49 PM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jun 29 2009, 10:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714846"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, in that period of half-sleep just before you wake up, your dreams tend to be extremely active. And they tend to be greatly influenced by the things going on around you as you half-sleep.
    Do you ever listen to music when you sleep? I do.
    Sometimes it makes you have some <b>f-cked up</b> dreams.
    It's awesome.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oooh, does that mean if we listen to the NS1 music and the ambient sound effects, we'll have a vivid NS dream? =D Quick! Someone go try it!
    I would suggest making a remix and including the various NS1 soundbytes.
    no joke, i dream today from ns2 too...but it was very weird...
    I just saw a Alpha gameplay video:
    First a compare from one room from ns1 vs ns2.
    Then i saw the marine walking arround the map, a skulk are comming and he attacked him (he shot and the skulk died...very lagy *g*)
    The marine has a plant weapon (very weird), he fires lianas but only a short range and only melee (not projectiles.)
    Man i hope the alpha come soon :(
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    few years ago I had a wow dream, which was weird.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll cut this short; turns out my sister was playing BF2 that morning while I was asleep (I slept until 11AM)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In the same room you where? you where half asleep and noticed her.

i had that too when i fell asleep during a lunchbreak in my days as apprentice. i was aware what's happening around me but wasn't aware I was aware.

Wait...what? O_o
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    I had a couple of game releated dreams... like one of playing rainbow 6 and another about americas army... and the other night i dreamed i was riding some weird airplane that enjoyed taking 90 degree downward flying... and later in that dream i was putting on the starship trooper armor and shooting targets with the morita rifle lol
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1714884:date=Jun 30 2009, 07:13 PM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jun 30 2009, 07:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714884"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->(he shot and the skulk died...very lagy *g*)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    dude seriously wtf is *g*
    edit: nvm. urbandictionary <a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*g*" target="_blank">to the rescue</a>.
  • PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714658:date=Jun 29 2009, 08:50 AM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jun 29 2009, 08:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dreams about games are cool, you are always the real player, man i wish we have Virtual Reality now like in Matrix or something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is my life mission to make virtual reality a.. well reality.
    <!--quoteo(post=1715079:date=Jul 1 2009, 12:20 PM:name=Prefix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prefix @ Jul 1 2009, 12:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715079"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It is my life mission to make virtual reality a.. well reality.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The manga "Zero One" features some sort of arcadehall firstperson beat'em up tournament, where people sit in a machine that reminds me of the NASA zero-g swing.
    something like that could be build quite easily for a reasonable price...
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1715064:date=Jul 1 2009, 10:40 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jul 1 2009, 10:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->dude seriously wtf is *g*
    edit: nvm. urbandictionary <a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=*g*" target="_blank">to the rescue</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    *g* = grin (like *chuckle*)
    its a old slang i guess ?!
    I don't know i saw it many times in online games.

@Prefix
    ya i hope i witness that, but i guess it never come :(
    Just the graphics are going better and better, but the controls are still the same (for PC).

RobB, manga?
    "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex " is great series.
    But i never hear about "Zero One"
  • ia-spideria-spider Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24379Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714680:date=Jun 29 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Avata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Avata @ Jun 29 2009, 07:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714680"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm playing NS1 so much these days that I was watching True Blood on TV.... and I kept trying to press [TAB] to see who was still alive and pressing [C] to see where Sookie was....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lmfao
  • killkrazykillkrazy Join Date: 2007-09-10 Member: 62238Members
    There was a great Horizon Docu a few months back called "Why do we dream" and it was all about ... funnily enough... why we dream.
    Turns out when you're unconscious your mind starts 'training' or 'readying' you for the encounters you are about to face... be it chasing antelope across the prairies, eating cats or playing video games (or getting laid all you 14 year olds, hehe)

when you sleep and start to dream there's a part of your brain which inhibits all your muscles from moving, or tries to, some people sleep walk if it doesnt work properly.
    they removed this part of the brain from a dog and while it was totally asleep it was running around bumping into ###### like it was in a full-speed chase with a cat or something, was mental!

dreams rock!

so anyway, looks like your brains trying to train you for NS2, i think that classes as a hax?????
  • FrostFire626FrostFire626 Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63207Members
    I've had very exciting dreams that are a cross between Counter-Strike and paintball, two of the greatest human inventions of all time. NS has yet to reach that pantheon, but I have high hopes for NS2.
  • JzidEJzidE Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63185Members, Constellation
    You didn't mentioned anything about ragequitters and dramaaa.. :>