I love that new _____ they released!

ComproxComprox *chortle*Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
<div class="IPBDescription">Trailer, videos, screenshots, pai, talk about it!</div>Some new NS2 news come out that you need to talk about but the losers at the water cooler don't know about? Fine, they suck anyways. We'll listen.

Comments

• sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    Pete- my pedantic parrot- wonders why there's a sticky thread for NS2 general discussion when this whole sub-forum is named "NS2 General Discussion".

I've put him back in his cage now.

Maybe if we could turn this into a "post your questions" thread I'd ask how many copies of NS have been sold so far, and how many do UWE think they'll have to sell to break even?
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited June 2009
    Is this a Super Administrator trolling us?

I demand a high-resolution screenshot of the Gorge as compensation for my emotional scarring.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1711179:date=Jun 8 2009, 05:42 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ Jun 8 2009, 05:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1711179"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pete- my pedantic parrot- wonders why there's a sticky thread for NS2 general discussion when this whole sub-forum is named "NS2 General Discussion".

I've put him back in his cage now.

Maybe if we could turn this into a "post your questions" thread I'd ask how many copies of NS have been sold so far, and how many do UWE think they'll have to sell to break even?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It came about from me whining that there were 6 threads which included the following topics "who bought special edition", "who is looking forward to NS2" and "let's theorise about the engine".
  • DruBoDruBo Back In Beige Join Date: 2002-02-06 Member: 172Members, NS1 Playtester
    Thaldarin whining accomplished something? :O

I love that new IRC channel they released, back in 2001. It is really a great new place for NS fans to hang out.
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    Well I for one am excited, and I love that new ______ they released.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    A fill in the blanks game huh... Taser!?!? I shall nickname it "The lightning bolt gun that Quake 3 tried but improved upon which Quake 3 really wanted"
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    I really like the blog post showing off the environment art concepts. That stuff is cool.
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    I agree, I don't know a ton about how video games are made, but I like to be involved with them. Part of what made/makes NS1 so great is the atmosphere, from dark foggy tunnels to unique computer panels hinting at a pervious disaster. I hope NS2 can retain this ambiance and charm. It may have nothing to do with game play, but NS is very much a game where you need to get into the feel of things, at least for me, so good props as essential for that.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2009
    Don't we also need a "I hate that new _____ they released!" :P

For instance the Onos looks weird with all those stupid protruding things on his head, it just lacks that overwhelming powerhouse look it had. It looks more like a gorilla with a bad hair day or voodoo mask (Oh yes I did :D).

The engine on the other hand, can't wait to get me hands on it to get some mapping done as for the trailer it is what pushed me in putting in the pre-order with black armor to boot... Who cares if he Onos looks weird, shooting it will only be more satisfying that way!
  • CCCorpCCCorp Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14503Members, Constellation
    edited August 2009
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Putting together the final copy, images and video for the Skulk "reveal" video. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh yeah bring it out soon
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    True, the Onos lacks oomph.
  • TekoppenTekoppen Join Date: 2008-02-05 Member: 63584Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    The Onos looks too friendly now.

In NS1 he looked little bit demonic, witch was fantastic!

But now he looks like more as a pet, with anger issues.
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    its the eyes, but he looks fine. Who knows until we play it.
  • TekoppenTekoppen Join Date: 2008-02-05 Member: 63584Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2009
    Tho the artwork <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2009/07" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2009/07</a> 0.08 - 0.12

There it looks like demonic.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Man, Max is cranking on the level editor. It's shaping up to be very simple, very powerful and very fun to use. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I know it isn't released yet, but this twitter makes me excited for it.
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13249Members
    While not a direct release, the Mojokdirector (Jon Finger) fan film garnered some serious love from me, for the bits in it from the game and for the seriously mojo in that short film. Please see what you can do get more cozy with Jon Finger, Unknown Worlds, he is some serious added value to your property.
  • ikirikir Join Date: 2003-07-19 Member: 18265Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Maybe i'm too exited but i love everything which has been released until now :-)