I just bought NS2!

Comments

• marksmarks Join Date: 2008-07-28 Member: 64720Members
    just got the SE edition. Because I want to help with alpha, and dux needs to pay his bills
  • TheRealFuryTheRealFury Join Date: 2009-06-29 Member: 67971Members
    Bought NS2 SE at end of just but just saw this post.

I have been waiting for this game for years and i got so much enjoyment for free out of NS1 (at least 3 years worth) that it was the only option for me.

Cant wait for Alpha also.... i ca almost taste it!
  • dopemandopeman Join Date: 2009-07-05 Member: 68040Members
    I bought the NS2 SpecialEdition because something on the page told me I have to! o_O

I guess I also have to buy the StandardEdition to look special when everybody bought the SpecialEdition ;)
  • TbbWTbbW Join Date: 2009-06-09 Member: 67759Members
    I bought the special one coz 20bucks is alot of caffine :P

Nothing more effichent then a developer OD'n on caffine ;)
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    LOL! someone care to find what crawled up C4K3's butt?
  • TbbWTbbW Join Date: 2009-06-09 Member: 67759Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725050:date=Aug 26 2009, 09:29 AM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Aug 26 2009, 09:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725050"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LOL! someone care to find what crawled up C4K3's butt?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Probobly a skulk parasite :P
  • HeeroTXHeeroTX Join Date: 2009-08-26 Member: 68614Members
    I bought the special Ed because I heard there was a really bad-ass image waiting for you when you do so. Plus, NS1 was awesome enough to be worth my money. (but still looking forward to and excited about NS2)
  • ShinobiRAGEShinobiRAGE Join Date: 2009-08-09 Member: 68401Members
    I bought the Special Edition also! That extra 20 was worth the thank you image, made my day.
  • spaztickspaztick Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68626Members
    I bought the special edition, because it's well worth the money and I like the developers, and NS1 is entertaining sans the GoldSrc engine and its hitboxes.

Also black armor.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    SE purchase done and done, to support the team.
  • Dr BlueDr Blue Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68649Members
    I bought the Special edition to get the alpha, it was only today that I found out NS2 was still active!

After getting a new computer with i7 and everything I installed steam to play some games after
    a few years on consoles, then thought about the best mod ever, NS and searched on Google.

The first ever game in NS is still my favourte gaming moment, being dumped onto a marine
    team in a sort of cockpit area with aliens crawling through the walls, flashes of light and
    confusion, then realising the aliens were too clever to be AI and at the same moment being
    ordered to advance directly into the death zone. Truely confused and scared by it :)
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Bought NS2 for the wife! Perfect anniversary gift TBH!! lol
  • SettingMoonSettingMoon Join Date: 2009-09-01 Member: 68670Members
    Setup a forum account too! I am such a good husband, no? lol

-RisingSun

-p.s. look for my NS2 server "House of the Rising Sun!"
  • Vinegar NinjaVinegar Ninja Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61985Members
    cause I hate you guys THAT much.
    been a long while since ive played NS, and even longer since ive been the waddly little gorge.
    ahh those were the days.... waddling along, making chambers, saving the team.
  • garvanigarvani Join Date: 2009-09-02 Member: 68678Members
    I preordered last night. I was playing the original in 2002-2003 while at uni.. was half the reason I probably did so bad! but hey im not complaining :). I havnt played it since as i lost my half life key. But loving what im seeing for the sequel. Cant wait!
  • -XiziX--XiziX- Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68653Members
    edited September 2009
    Pre-Ordered a couple weeks ago, and I have to say I am EXCITED!

When I saw the trailer for NS2 I celebrated more than I probably should have, especially since I have been playing the first NS since I was 12/13. I am 18 now, and I have never been this excited for a game. EVER.
    Though, most of my other friends don't care, and call me crazy for going on long conversations about the "good ol days of NS". Apparently a girl freaking out over a new computer game coming out is "odd".... How dumb.

I was actually inspired to create computer games after playing NS and a few others. Now, I am going to college in October to learn how to create multiplayer interfaces, concept designs, game environments, etc. The fact I get to be in Alpha Testing is an even bigger bonus than I expected. Maybe I will learn a thing or two. ;)

Er.. Sorry for the long post, but this is the only place I can totally express how excited I am! XD Lol.
  • LoksVassagoLoksVassago Join Date: 2009-09-06 Member: 68709Members
    I bought it because it looks great and the development team seems good enough to me that they deserve the extra cash from special edition.

Black armor is neato, too, and alpha testing means I can taunt several people I know that played NS1 about top secret awesome special gameplay mechanics.
  • iKossuiKossu Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11593Members
    I bought the NS2 Special Edition just yesterday - finally! Chose it because:
    1) UWE deserves all the money [they won't be milking us with multiple sequels (yes, I'm referring to The Sims -series)]
    2) now I get to play the game since alpha.
    I hopped on the NS1-train as late as 1.03 and thus missed for example the hilarious GL with 9 grenade clip! Now I won't be making that mistake (no offense meant to the devs).
  • munchiesmunchies Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 57960Members
    Just bought SE, been playing since 1.0.4
  • The_CodexThe_Codex Join Date: 2004-10-11 Member: 32219Members
    I bought the SE primarily because I want the pre-release versions. Duh. NOW, GIVE ME DOWNLOAD LINKS. :P
  • IsamilIsamil Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23552Members, Constellation
    I bought the special edition because I feel like I owe Flayra money. I don't play video games much anymore, so I doubt I'll even play the game much.
  • minibananaminibanana Join Date: 2009-09-03 Member: 68682Members
    I just bought SE NS2 cuz well I really wanted to play NS again and as soon as possible meaning alpha test. I'll see everyone in the community and in the game.
  • hammetthammett Join Date: 2009-09-14 Member: 68774Members
    I bought the Special Edition today because I'm excited about NS2!

Way back in 2003 I sent Flayra $50 through the constellation program. I'm here to collect on the investment now! hehe
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    Can you buy NS2 in retail form?

That is the way I want it.
  • p2vollanp2vollan Join Date: 2009-09-15 Member: 68790Members
    Bought the special edition today. Remember having alot of fun with the original few years back, and NS2 looks VERY promising!

Bought it to support UWE and to play the game(duh) when it get released. Getting access to alpha, beta and whatnot is just a neat bonus. ;)

Keep up the good work!
  • Bridger15Bridger15 Join Date: 2009-09-16 Member: 68797Members
    edited September 2009
    Bought SE because I loved the first one. There are too few game development teams out there that work to create a good design rather than just something that will sell. I want to support those that create great games.
  • AtlanAtlan Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20673Members
    because I loved playing ns and still consider it one of the best game ideas ever.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    SE order DONE!! I love your work guys hope one day UWE will get even bigger so we can play more of ur tittles. NS1 gave me allot of great memoris I know am gonna have more fun with NS2. can't wait for the alpha :D
  • PhinPhin Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22556Members, Constellation
    +1 SE oder to the pile. It's not like there's really any other option. :D

Can't wait!
  • LucanticLucantic Join Date: 2009-09-29 Member: 68908Members
    I bought NS2 to support the developers and get early access to alpha and beta.