Palm Print ID Scanner

PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
edited March 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
I saw <a href="http://www.lerk.de/wp-content/gallery/ns2-marines-pistole/pistole.jpg" target="_blank">this (lerk.de)</a> and i was surprised. (because i can´t choose a higher resolutionm on NS2 news...why?)
I guess everybody know now, you can buy guns, but what happend if you die?
Can teammates take/steal them?
Or only the owner of the gun, i mean if you buy a expensive gun and you die, somebody take it, so maybe people just wait until you die with purpose.
How long will they stay, i don´t remind it, but i guess in NS1 they disapear after a time...which is to bad for the "buyer"

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    The palm print scanner almost certainly won't actually do anything, just like you won't be able to outright remove the laser sight.
  • dark-nsdark-ns Join Date: 2008-02-24 Member: 63726Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2010
    Will the commander be able to lock the current ability to buy the weapons from the armory? I think that would be a great idea since, I am fairly sure that most commanders out there would like to be able to control their resource use at certain times in a game. I think this is a "must have" in NS2 due to the amount of people that could grief the server by buying the most EXPENSIVE weapons and dropping them in order to waste resources. ( Or someone that is just plain bad that wants to use an expensive weapon that would waste the resources instead of giving it to a better teammate)

I really hope that we will be able to STILL drop weapons as a commander and at the same time be able to lock the armory....
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2010
    Marines <i>will</i> buy their weapons with their own resources, completely separated from the commander resources :)
  • dark-nsdark-ns Join Date: 2008-02-24 Member: 63726Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    meh, I wonder how the resources are going to generate then.... or if its going to be like how the aliens got their res in ns1.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    It should actually be simple !

The things would work like now in ns1 where comm gets the res from RTs and from marines killing aliens
    In NS 2 it should be separate, you get ur own res when killing an alien while comm get's only res from nodes.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1758352:date=Mar 9 2010, 11:33 AM:name=dark-ns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dark-ns @ Mar 9 2010, 11:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1758352"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->or if its going to be like how the aliens got their res in ns1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably. Really the only way that makes sense in a per-player resource model.

Maybe everyone has base trickle based on the # of RTs, and comm gets extra shares, but players get extra from kills.
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    I hope there is some way to lock out purchasing, if not I suspect there will be a mod within a few days to enable that. ;)