Texture bugs - line tool

tetsu0tetsu0 Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71670Members
<div class="IPBDescription">texture acting very wierd.</div>Hey everyone.
I've been messing with spark for some time, but now that the alpha engine is out i've been delving more into it.
I've been having a problem with creating lines and rectangles on already textured faces.
When i texture a face, and then draw a line or a rectangle on it, the texture immediately returns back to the generic dev texture!
It's aggravating as all hell and does anybody know how to fix this? or is it just a bug i have to put up with for the time being?

Comments

• UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    Like all mappers and developers, this is still pre-alpha. So there will be bugs.
  • tetsu0tetsu0 Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71670Members
    So It's just a bug we're going to have to deal with?
    That's 100% ok in my book. I realize that its buggy, i was just asking if there was a fix for it or not!
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    edited May 2010
    It's not really a bug, You have formed a new shape so that new shape starts life with its dev texture.
    They would have to code it to inherit the texture of the surface that was split to form the additional shape but it aint that simple:

If you chop a surface in half the old half will remain textured while the new half is actualy 1 new shape defaulting to dev textures.
    Draw a square on a square and you cut the thing in such a way that it is 2 new shapes because in this instance its not a Resized Rectangle & added a new Rectangle next to it, You turned a square into a doughnut (new shape) and formed a new shape in the middle because you just drew it.

In other words, the editor does not actualy have a slice tool, so you are never actually slicing anything, you are always forming new shapes or turning old shapes into new ones. (Old textured one is deleted and new shape drawn).
    Ok. That makes perfect sense.
    Thanks for the detailed response!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hence the reason we want Hammer texturing/slicing :P
    Oh dont get me wrong i LOVE the texture tool. it just needs refining. but i do miss my alt + right click insta-texture align.