To the Developers...

K43K43 Join Date: 2009-11-03 Member: 69236Members
I'm not trying to sound mean just want some reassurance that the horrible frame rate issues will be fixed somewhat soon. I bought the game to support this idea and I want to see it through and for you guys to succeed. Some serious optimizations need to happen I'm sure alot of people are aware of. If you devs are reading this I just want to hear from you what you plan on doing about the performance issues? thanks and keep on workin hard!

8600 gts 512mb
core 2 quad q6600
2.5 gb ram
Win xp pro sp 3

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    To the OP...

It's the pre-alpha engine test! Of course It will be vastly improved by the time the game ships out.
  • KarrdeKarrde Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16264Members
    I should have "Optimizing comes last" preset in firefox somehow :P Seriously though, you don't build a bit of an engine, then optimize a bit piecemeal. You get the whole thing first pass done, then clean it up when you're sure you've got everything, or at least most of what you want.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    They're actually going to make it run worse. I know, it sounds weird, but hey, that's what most companies do with their pre-Alpha engine: make it worse as time goes on.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1772886:date=May 30 2010, 09:41 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ May 30 2010, 09:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1772886"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They're actually going to make it run worse. I know, it sounds weird, but hey, that's what most companies do with their pre-Alpha engine: make it worse as time goes on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect.
  • JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    No way I'm gonna top Steve or Tycho here.

But in all seriousness there are already a <b>ton</b> of threads about this issue. Please take a look around and use one of those instead of starting yet another one.

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->**Locked**<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.