Couple of question...

Larry1212Larry1212 Join Date: 2010-06-18 Member: 72087Members
:o

Hey! I'm really interested in Natural Selection 2. I've been keeping up to date with the news on NS2 lately and from what i've seen of what the NS2 team has done it's quite impressive and really seems more at home with what we love from team based FPS orientated games.

However, i've got a few questions about the game in general and the way in which NS2 will be distributed.

Will there be future plans to sell NS2 other than through the unknownworlds website?

Will NS2 be tied to my STEAM account on release if I pre-purchase through unkownworlds?

Am I right in saying NS2 will be available on STEAM upon release?

Can I pre-order it without having to go through paypal?

What sort of gameplay am I to expect from NS2? I know it's an FPS and basically aliens versus marines, is there more to it than a simple "Frag the crap out of the enemy" or am I in for a good old fashioned Team one versus Team two shooter with an added mix of Aliens thrown in instead of two identicle teams?

Also, from existing players from Natural Selection was the gameplay athmospheric, enjoyable and overall balanced?

I'm quite interested in this game and plan on getting the Special Edition as a means of showing my support for the team behind NS2, I only wish there were more options to buy or pre-order the game other than through paypal.

Thanks!

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    edited June 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1775342:date=Jun 18 2010, 02:14 PM:name=Larry1212)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Larry1212 @ Jun 18 2010, 02:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1775342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Will there be future plans to sell NS2 other than through the unknownworlds website?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes. Steam store, but that only opens up bout a month before it is released on Steam.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Will NS2 be tied to my STEAM account on release if I pre-purchase through unkownworlds?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Am I right in saying NS2 will be available on STEAM upon release?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can I pre-order it without having to go through paypal?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not officially, but you can try to e-mail them and work something out.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What sort of gameplay am I to expect from NS2? I know it's an FPS and basically aliens versus marines, is there more to it than a simple "Frag the crap out of the enemy" or am I in for a good old fashioned Team one versus Team two shooter with an added mix of Aliens thrown in instead of two identicle teams?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Play NS1. It's a RTS/FPS blend, asymmetric teams, tech trees, upgrades, weapons, resource points, buildings, and more.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, from existing players from Natural Selection was the gameplay athmospheric, enjoyable and overall balanced?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was excellent on all fronts.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited June 2010
    I think all your questions have been answered, but I have 2 things to add.

<!--quoteo(post=1775342:date=Jun 18 2010, 10:14 PM:name=Larry1212)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Larry1212 @ Jun 18 2010, 10:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1775342"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What sort of gameplay am I to expect from NS2? I know it's an FPS and basically aliens versus marines, is there more to it than a simple "Frag the crap out of the enemy" or am I in for a good old fashioned Team one versus Team two shooter with an added mix of Aliens thrown in instead of two identicle teams?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There was mods already to ns1, such as the combat gamemode (marine vs alien deathmatch, with exp, levels and upgrades, simple tbh).
    In ns2 there is expected to be alot more gamemodes, as this time we can mod in lua (thanks uwe!), some mods that I am pretty sure will be made by the community (altough I cant guarantee it, and some might even be made by uwe as far as I know), is a "gorge race" thing (they are cute and looks like they easily can slide on their belly, great concept for a racing game), the combat again, marine vs marine deathmatch, ffa, alien vs alien, and combinations and small extra stuff and such.

I see no reason as to why not get special edition if you decide to get the game, as if the support you give them for actually a pretty small sum for you (but many small equals big) was not enough of a reason, is that you get access to alot of pre-alpa stuff (remember its pre-alpha, so its packed with bugs, glitches and ai's that tries to rule the world), such as an engine test (not the game, but good for any kind of person modding already), map editor, and other stuff editors (bet there is a list somewhere :P).
    Depends on how much you like that kind of stuff though. But special edition also will give you acess to alpha stuff and such when it comes, and in the end even the game!
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can I pre-order it without having to go through paypal?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If this regards requiring a paypal account to pre-order, then no. Though it uses Paypal, you can enter in your credit card information on the page it takes you to, to complete your payment.