HOW TO GET ALPHA KEY FAST <------ see it here

SergeantBakerSergeantBaker Join Date: 2010-07-24 Member: 72740Members
<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

now stop asking please

Comments

• FiggyFiggy Join Date: 2003-12-01 Member: 23818Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1785245:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:35 AM:name=SergeantBaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SergeantBaker @ Jul 27 2010, 12:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785245"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>

now stop asking please<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

>implying I haven't done that about 8 or 9 times now, and still no key.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited July 2010
    I find it amusing that Baker seems to be annoyed at people asking questions. Look not, and be not offended.

Also, I got my keys easily enough through ns2/retrieve (I also made sure to add the ns2store email to my contact list), but I have <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=110275&view=findpost&p=1785264" target="_blank">questions</a> about their use, if anyone would care to enlighten me.
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    edited July 2010
    And people should note, it <b>seems</b> that Yahoo users are having issues where they haven't been able to receive the key, retrieval or not.

@Harimau - You add the NS2 Alpha Key to your Steam Account via Add Game Key, AFAIK.
  • DJ KartoffelSalatDJ KartoffelSalat Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72672Members
    baaaah it still wont give me mine :P!
    <!--quoteo(post=1785309:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:49 PM:name=Dalin Seivewright)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dalin Seivewright @ Jul 27 2010, 12:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785309"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And people should note, it <b>seems</b> that Yahoo users are having issues where they haven't been able to receive the key, retrieval or not.

@Harimau - You add the NS2 Alpha Key to your Steam Account via Add Game Key, AFAIK.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So it'd work out like a DLC or expansion type thing, I guess? Have you done it?
  • infa33infa33 Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73046Members
    I have a yahoo account as well. Just got the key a couple minutes ago. BE PATIENT
  • NiccoliNiccoli Join Date: 2009-06-02 Member: 67645Members
    Oh, good that's all I have to do... Oh wait, I have already. Thanks for adding spam to the forums. :P

If anyone pays attention to the home page, they'd have noticed tweet about the retrieval so I don't think another post was necessary. But thanks.
  • SomnambulistSomnambulist Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73051Members
    Tried everything, still no key, can't even change my e-mail address because the "confirmation" e-mail when changing from yahoo->gmail doesn't even show up (including spam folders on both accounts). No reply from support as of yet either.
  • Dalin SeivewrightDalin Seivewright 0x0000221E Join Date: 2007-10-20 Member: 62685Members, Constellation
    We <b>are</b> being patient. If we weren't being patient I don't think we would be so quiet. And much more angry. =]
  • GwahirGwahir Join Date: 2002-04-24 Member: 513Members, Constellation
    I got my key through the retrieve interface no problem but I have a friend who has tried it a couple times and both times he receives his standard pre-order special edition key but no black armor key (yes he purchased before time was up)
  • infa33infa33 Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73046Members
    I understand where your coming from mang.. Its funny i got the key and now cant even connect to a server!! So if it makes you feel better your not missing out on much.
  • Mr_DuckMr_Duck Join Date: 2003-08-19 Member: 19955Members
    Question... I have my beta key with the special edition and it was added 2-3 months ago on steam... I try to launch the game and it gives me an error "Natural Selection 2 is currently only available to people who pre-ordered the special edition. We will be opening up the beta to everyone shortly. In the meantime you can still access the tools." but i did order the special edition...?
    To Mr. Duck,
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Important before playing:</b> In order for you to play tonight, you'll need to redeem a Steam code that enables the Special Edition black armor and grants you access to the alpha. We will be e-mailing you these codes and instructions at approximately 6pm PDT (GMT-7).

You may be able to download NS2 before you get this e-mail, but you'll get an error message if you try to play before entering this code for the first time. You will only have to do this once and it's only for the alpha.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    and, in order to GET this alpha key easily,

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>
  • PenguinPrincePenguinPrince Join Date: 2004-10-10 Member: 32204Members
    I have tried using the fast key gen 13 times now and still don't have it. I am starting to get pissed. I understand it is an alpha but come on you knew how many people pre-ordered it there should have been more preparation to the servers to handle this.
    Its important to note that after ten tries, checking the spam folder, changing the primary email, not getting a confirmation for changing the e- mail, trying five more tries on the key retriever and sending an e-mail to store support I still do not have a key or any helpful information. Anyone saying "it worked for me!" You are not really helping.
  • ItsJonoItsJono Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73053Members
    So like I already had entered my "Special Edition" CD Key into Steam to play the Engine test.

Doing the /retrieve page thing just returns an email with the "Special Edition" CD Key which I have already associated to my Steam account, and an "NS2 Black Armor".

What.
    Please stop spamming the retrieval for your key.
    It is only making the problem worse.
    edited July 2010
    I've stopped at this point but I think its has something to do with the automated e-mail having issues since I can't get a retrieval key AND I can't change my e-mail because the confirmation to the change never comes.

And no offense, but it is pretty annoying, especially considering I had three of my friends buy this game on my word when they had never even heard of it before, love you guys, support you guys, and I know its a clutserf--- and its only an alpha, but i'm obviously frustrated.
  • wafflewaffle Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1785403:date=Jul 27 2010, 12:08 AM:name=ItsJono)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ItsJono @ Jul 27 2010, 12:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785403"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So like I already had entered my "Special Edition" CD Key into Steam to play the Engine test.

Doing the /retrieve page thing just returns an email with the "Special Edition" CD Key which I have already associated to my Steam account, and an "NS2 Black Armor".

What.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Copy the "NS2 Black Armor" key, open Steam, and go to Games -> Activate a Product on Steam. Put the key in, then you can play!
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1785424:date=Jul 27 2010, 06:14 AM:name=Somnambulist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Somnambulist @ Jul 27 2010, 06:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785424"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've stopped at this point but I think its has something to do with the automated e-mail having issues since I can't get a retrieval key AND I can't change my e-mail because the confirmation to the change never comes.

And no offense, but it is pretty frustrating especially considering I had three of my friends buy this game on my word when they had never even heard it game before.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think your blaming the wrong people here. I put the FULL blame on yahoo here. Every other email provider has received the emails with what seems to be little problem. Its only Yahoo and some operating issue with their email system that is at fault.
    <!--quoteo(post=1785431:date=Jul 27 2010, 01:17 AM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Jul 27 2010, 01:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785431"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think your blaming the wrong people here. I put the FULL blame on yahoo here. Every other email provider has received the emails with what seems to be little problem. Its only Yahoo and some operating issue with their email system that is at fault.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not true, I have a charter email, and nothing in receiving. I also changed my email to my gmail account and still haven't received my key. So i think the blame is going the right direction.
    <!--quoteo(post=1785441:date=Jul 27 2010, 06:19 AM:name=PenguinPrince)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PenguinPrince @ Jul 27 2010, 06:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785441"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not true, I have a charter email, and nothing in receiving. I also changed my email to my gmail account and still haven't received my key. So i think the blame is going the right direction.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I stand corrected. Fell victim to correlation and causation there D:
    edited July 2010
    GAH slow server, double post!
    <!--quoteo(post=1785448:date=Jul 27 2010, 01:21 AM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Jul 27 2010, 01:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1785448"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I stand corrected. Fell victim to correlation and causation there D:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It ok I still <3 you
    edited July 2010
    So, three hours later, got my key, hope you did too penguin.