Convert Me!

DnOberonDnOberon Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72806Members
edited August 2010 in Modding
<div class="IPBDescription">LUA Programming? Can I? Should I?</div>I'm a moderate stranger to programming, at least game wise. I've always stuck to PHP and webbased programming languages before, but as I was getting into the whole NS2 swing of things, learning about the new engine etc, a burgeoning intrest in becoming a game modder started to grow. I've been looking into the Lua language a tad, and there are some pretty big name applications and programs that run it. So I guess the question is, should I serioulsly look into Lua programming? Why do you like it? Don't worry about posting all the how to start stuff, thats in the Wiki etc, I just want to hear it from you guys, so, Convert me!

*edited for being a retard

Comments

• MuzzzyMuzzzy Join Date: 2005-07-20 Member: 56360Members
    first off, its Lua, not LUA. everyone makes that mistake.

Lua is extremely easy to add new scripts to your existing code. UWE's IDE tool, Decoda, allows you to set breakpoints and debug your code in-game...
  • DnOberonDnOberon Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72806Members
    its a standalone language though? when you said <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lua is extremely easy to add new scripts to your existing code<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Were you referring to previous Lua code? ( just read the history on Lua, sorry about the name thing)
  • DnOberonDnOberon Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72806Members
    Yeah nvmd, Next time I will decide not to be lazy and read the freaking forums. Sorry folks. I found alot of what I needed and wanted.
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    Have you accepted jebus?