Flayra - YES WE WANT GORGE PLUSHIES!

Comments

• spawnyspawny Join Date: 2004-02-12 Member: 26448Members, Constellation
    Without getting too ahead of ourselves....

Id buy a gorge plushie! (or several)
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    Dont know if this has been said but, why not UWE ask how much would it cost to create send etc get back to us with a price and then only for a limited time u can preorder say a month maybe, now u pay upfront ( so they dont go on and order 1000000 of them and only sell few ) and when the month is over UWE send them all at once.
    how about that?
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    I'd buy one. Or two. Probably one.
  • shad3rshad3r Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73273Members
    at least this is better than the endless building threads
  • badtripbadtrip Join Date: 2008-07-24 Member: 64689Members
  • GralothGraloth Join Date: 2010-08-05 Member: 73493Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1792196:date=Aug 6 2010, 01:02 AM:name=Exroath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Exroath @ Aug 6 2010, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792196"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->jumping the gun here are you not?
    firstly you own none of the rights to the creative content , you yourself did not create the concept , the model or anything to do with it.
    your using other peoples work to create something to sell, have you even spoken to uw?
    not only that you've just joined this forum .. why should anyone trust you with and orders?
    Are you going to share all this information on costs?
    Imo this should only be done by uw and only if they choose to do so, its their creative work you really have no right to plan anything without their full approval<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<ol type='1'><li>I have UWE's permission, I have talked with Flayra about this before i posted it.</li><li>Every single cost involved with be posted including the different shipping costs for as many countries as i can get (hopefully enough for most if not all who want one)</li><li>I will not earn anything on this, any and all earnings will go straight to UWE</li><li>Payment will, if this project comes so far, not be handled by me, I will either ask a prominent community member (probably a mod) to help with it, or if UWE has the time even let them handle the payment.</li><li>The only reason that I still haven't posted the information about what each plushy costs to make is because I am still gathering screenshots of the Gorge so they can give me an accurate price, so far only the 250USD for the prototype is the only solid price that I will be paying myself, none of that will be put onto the price of the toy. In fact those 250USD will be credited once the order of minimum 600 arrives, which means it will make them all just a little cheaper.</li></ol>

Why trust me? It's understandable, this is so far only my second post, I am willing to work together with someone members trust more than me (you're right about the "why should people trust me with orders"), I have been slacking in creating my account here as I've never seen the need to create one (why post when you have nothing to say?) Even though I have been active on the IRC channel, that doesn't exactly mean anything here.
    Any part (hopefully) of the process that would cause members to not order due to not trusting me, should preferably go through someone who they can, this is especially true for the payment.

In regards to jumping the gun. Yes you can call it that, but I am not claiming I will succeed, so far the company that i decided on requires a minimum of 600 to be ordered for them to create it, if that is not met this won't go anywhere. But at least I am trying, I will do all possibly can to get to that 600 requirement, including ordering several for myself and my friends.
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    i buy one :)

will it be the model from NS or NS2?
  • shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    I want my gorge plushie with a top hat and monocle.
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    @Graloth I'd be interested in genuinely buying one, but I'm sure as most people I'd like an idea of what we'd be getting. I.e. need some other examples of concept to implimentation by this company because often with make to order companies the end product can be... lacklustre.

(No I've not checked out the link yet, you'd probably get more interest with a few example pictures posted).
    <!--quoteo(post=1792314:date=Aug 6 2010, 12:08 PM:name=Delphic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Delphic @ Aug 6 2010, 12:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@Graloth I'd be interested in genuinely buying one, but I'm sure as most people I'd like an idea of what we'd be getting. I.e. need some other examples of concept to implimentation by this company because often with make to order companies the end product can be... lacklustre.

(No I've not checked out the link yet, you'd probably get more interest with a few example pictures posted).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Once i get the prototype made (hopefully by next month) i will post pictures and video of it so you can get a good idea how the quality and size is.
    You can see some examples of their own here: <a href="http://www.mascotfactory.com/custom-plush-examples.html" target="_blank">http://www.mascotfactory.com/custom-plush-examples.html</a> however they dont have much information on the examples, which is why i will have the prototype made regardless if this will happen or not, hopefully sometime next month (Since i dont want to break my monthly budget, i have first calculated this into my expenses starting from next month)
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    Cool. Those look quite well stuffed, if there's an option make sure you ask for squishy bendable amount of stuffing. A gorge pushy isn't any good if you can't hug it!
    <!--quoteo(post=1792373:date=Aug 6 2010, 02:52 PM:name=Delphic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Delphic @ Aug 6 2010, 02:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792373"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cool. Those look quite well stuffed, if there's an option make sure you ask for squishy bendable amount of stuffing. A gorge pushy isn't any good if you can't hug it!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed, I will be sending them several of sample plushies that i think have the right about of squishy- and firmness.
  • aliasWarlordaliasWarlord Join Date: 2010-06-09 Member: 71999Members
    I'D BUY AT LEAST ONE FOR SURE! :D
  • ExroathExroath Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72441Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1792286:date=Aug 6 2010, 08:42 AM:name=Graloth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Graloth @ Aug 6 2010, 08:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792286"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ol type='1'><li>I have UWE's permission, I have talked with Flayra about this before i posted it.</li><li>Every single cost involved with be posted including the different shipping costs for as many countries as i can get (hopefully enough for most if not all who want one)</li><li>I will not earn anything on this, any and all earnings will go straight to UWE</li><li>Payment will, if this project comes so far, not be handled by me, I will either ask a prominent community member (probably a mod) to help with it, or if UWE has the time even let them handle the payment.</li><li>The only reason that I still haven't posted the information about what each plushy costs to make is because I am still gathering screenshots of the Gorge so they can give me an accurate price, so far only the 250USD for the prototype is the only solid price that I will be paying myself, none of that will be put onto the price of the toy. In fact those 250USD will be credited once the order of minimum 600 arrives, which means it will make them all just a little cheaper.</li></ol>

Why trust me? It's understandable, this is so far only my second post, I am willing to work together with someone members trust more than me (you're right about the "why should people trust me with orders"), I have been slacking in creating my account here as I've never seen the need to create one (why post when you have nothing to say?) Even though I have been active on the IRC channel, that doesn't exactly mean anything here.
    Any part (hopefully) of the process that would cause members to not order due to not trusting me, should preferably go through someone who they can, this is especially true for the payment.

In regards to jumping the gun. Yes you can call it that, but I am not claiming I will succeed, so far the company that i decided on requires a minimum of 600 to be ordered for them to create it, if that is not met this won't go anywhere. But at least I am trying, I will do all possibly can to get to that 600 requirement, including ordering several for myself and my friends.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

with all that said, you've gained my trust in all this. I'll be happy to buy 1 or 2 (depends on the price) once its all set up.

oh and theres an irc channel? any chance of a link? and good luck, im sure the 600 orders will be no huge issue :D
    Its #naturalselection on irc.gamesurge.net if i remember correct. It's all auto connecting for me, havent checked it in a while :)
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    sign me up for at least one. I'm sure 600 will be no problem if you get UWE to post pics of the sample plush in a blog post.
  • Pr0nPr0n Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13592Members
    When 16,000 people pre-ordered the game for $40, I'm sure 600+ will be willing to drop $10-$20 on a sexy plush gorge.

Keep it b-b-bumped for gorge justice!
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    While we'd love plushies as much as anyone else, I don't really think we have time for this right now, so don't get too excited. I tried to make this clear in our e-mail before (this is what I responded with btw):

<i>Having someone send them out for us would really help, although I'm still not sure it makes sense from a time perspective for us. Unfortunately, $4k-7k doesn't get us very far in the video game world. This is something we'll continue thinking about and we'll let you know if we want to work with you on it.</i>
  • BebBeb Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72645Members
    Count me in. I love Gorges. I love plushies.
    <!--quoteo(post=1792492:date=Aug 6 2010, 09:45 PM:name=Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flayra @ Aug 6 2010, 09:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792492"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While we'd love plushies as much as anyone else, I don't really think we have time for this right now, so don't get too excited. I tried to make this clear in our e-mail before (this is what I responded with btw):

<i>Having someone send them out for us would really help, although I'm still not sure it makes sense from a time perspective for us. Unfortunately, $4k-7k doesn't get us very far in the video game world. This is something we'll continue thinking about and we'll let you know if we want to work with you on it.</i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I should refrain from proceeding with this? Just want to make sure, since UWE does not need to be involved in this more than strictly necessary (eg. mentioning it on the frontpage news if it turns out this will actually happen).
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1792497:date=Aug 6 2010, 12:56 PM:name=Graloth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Graloth @ Aug 6 2010, 12:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792497"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I should refrain from proceeding with this? Just want to make sure, since UWE does not need to be involved in this more than strictly necessary (eg. mentioning it on the frontpage news if it turns out this will actually happen).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's a lot of legal stuff they will have to take care of to green light it, taking time and money. Now if you wanted to do it yourself, I suppose you could, as long as the product is sufficiently different and you don't call it a "gorge".
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1792497:date=Aug 6 2010, 07:56 PM:name=Graloth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Graloth @ Aug 6 2010, 07:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792497"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I should refrain from proceeding with this? Just want to make sure, since UWE does not need to be involved in this more than strictly necessary (eg. mentioning it on the frontpage news if it turns out this will actually happen).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, please refrain from doing anything on this at the moment. We appreciate your willingness and enthusiasm, but it's really a process that we would want to oversee and have involvement in, such as getting the company the proper references, overseeing the prototype development, and figuring out all of the logistics of this. And at the moment our time is better spent on trying to make a good game, rather then the merchandising of it.

But all of the information has been very helpful, and we can see that people are excited at the possibility of Gorge plushies, so hopefully we can figure out a way to make it happen at some point down the road.

--Cory
    <!--quoteo(post=1792514:date=Aug 6 2010, 10:44 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Aug 6 2010, 10:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792514"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes, please refrain from doing anything on this at the moment. We appreciate your willingness and enthusiasm, but it's really a process that we would want to oversee and have involvement in, such as getting the company the proper references, overseeing the prototype development, and figuring out all of the logistics of this. And at the moment our time is better spent on trying to make a good game, rather then the merchandising of it.

But all of the information has been very helpful, and we can see that people are excited at the possibility of Gorge plushies, so hopefully we can figure out a way to make it happen at some point down the road.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No problem, I understand the decision, but I will continue to research costs and companies that can make this happen and post the information here so you have a few more choices available should you decide to proceed this on your own.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2010
    I want to reserve the idea of a hydra webcam that sticks to sleek surfaces using <a href="http://www.nano-pad.com/" target="_blank">nano pad</a> surfaces

edit damn alcohol
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    neat idea.

Put it anywhere, and record in 3 different angles at same time. Code a movement pattern to the tentacles if you want to (hehe).
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    GORGIE PLUSHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Micke121Micke121 Join Date: 2010-08-07 Member: 73519Members
    One of the reasons why I registered was so I could say:

I would buy gorge plushies! :D
  • Bitey Bitey Yum YumsBitey Bitey Yum Yums Join Date: 2010-05-03 Member: 71610Members
    This really needs to happen.
  • WhitebladeWhiteblade Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71299Members
    At least you know the demand is there and people are willing to help.
  • f dotf dot Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73088Members
    Seriously, NS2 release date in 2011 for the sake of plushies!

I jest, but I remember somewhere around 2005 googling for gorge plushies (would IMO have to be the NS1 gorge) and seeing 1-2 home made one offs. From then on it was my dream to own a gorge plushy, it'd just look awesome parked on my desk.