New Onos Abilities/Skills

VJTunesVJTunes Join Date: 2010-11-15 Member: 74951Members
<b>Skill set: Stampede, Rage Roar, Stomp</b>
<b>
Stampede:</b> The Onos in a fit of rage accelerates to maximum speed(can only hold this speed for a certain time frame) and charges down tunnel pathways tossing aside anything in its path. Running into a wall results in the onos stunning himself for a "specific period of time", and cancels the stampede. During this skill the onos is only able to turn between 80 or 90 degrees left/right from the starting position.

Effects:

Emerging Experience:
Imagine being a marine and you hear this loud roar and stomp nearby.. you turn around and there it is... an onos coming around the corner at full speed.

Pushed:
If a marine is caught in the path of an onos's stampede he is knocked off his feet and is sent flying backwards where the marine takes dmg and proceeds to get back up.

Trampled:
If the onos runs ontop of a marine while he's knocked down, he is killed.

Pinned:
If a marine is caught in the onos's stampede but has no room to fall or get knocked back, then the marine has been successfully pinned and experiences death.

<b>Rage Roar:</b> The Goliath-Like Onos can let out the most terrifying roar known to man shaking even the bravest of amongst mankind.

Effects:

Terrify: All marines within range, become terrified and their aim becomes shaky/wavy for a "certain period of time". ( Making it harder to shoot smaller creatures like skulks and lerks etc )

My thoughts: The idea is pretty simple, BUT effective. The ability gives the onos's HP some purpose; Charge in stun and terrify some marines, while his teammates supporting him have a higher survival chance because of the terrify effect.

<b>Stomp:</b> This is pretty much the same skill from NS1 except with new percs. Executing stomp causes the onos to do a short leep, and when it lands everything around him will be stunned. Anything caught under him will be killed. Also stomp can now be queued in mid-air from a normal jump or fall so when he lands it stuns.

These are just some ideas i thought, I figured lowering the onos's energy recovery rate would balance him out since he's so lethal.. This way a good player would make an appearance with his team get a kill maybe 2 then hide for a while until he has recovered...

Giving the marine team a chance to "hunt", the hunter.

ps.. "HUNTER" <-- cool sounding name for a new class if u plan on making one ;]

Comments

• saikosaiko Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60588Members
    Are you suggesting they replace the onos skillset with these ones or just add them on top?
    I quite liked the sound of Gore, Bone Shield and Stomp myself.

PS. Hunter sounds like a cool class, so does Smoker ....
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Charge (from what the invisible cheat 1 Onos seems to tell me) will be part of the sprint key. Increasing speed slowly until a max speed has been increased.
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    edited November 2010
    I quite like the trampled Idea.
    This should be passive and added in my opinion.

Pic related: It's what I want.
  • thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1810937:date=Nov 26 2010, 10:47 PM:name=BarerRudeROC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BarerRudeROC @ Nov 26 2010, 10:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1810937"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I quite like the trampled Idea.
    This should be passive and added in my opinion.

Pic related: It's what I want.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

my thoughts after i read this thread