Quick question..

ZijiZiji Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75902Members
Sorry if this is the wrong board but:

Any idea how long the Holiday Sale is going on for NS2?

I was considering picking up the pre-order (2 for 1) but not until after Christmas and I wanted to know if it'd still be available then.

Thanks.

Comments

• louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    dont be retarted... sorry if i am mean but i just need to say it.

holiday sale... if its not the holiday then no special sale... simple....
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Dude, <b>you</b> don't be retarded. His question is perfectly reasonable: "How long is this sale on for?" Up until boxing day? Up until the new year? Those are still holidays.
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    I got the special edition ages ago, but If I buy the holiday edition now, will that give me a normal edition+ a gift, or 2 gifts? Obviously im looking to give it to 2 friends or something and dont want to have 2 version lying around!

If anyone from unknownworlds wants to answer this, theyll get an extra $35 within a few minutes :)
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2010
    It doesn't matter how you buy it, you always get activation codes emailed to you. Just follow the directions and plug them into Steam when prompted. :)
    So you'd just get two codes in the mail. No worries about one getting forced on your own account.

Just remember you buy at naturalselection2.com, not on Steam. :D
  • Raven_XIRaven_XI Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12032Members, Constellation
    Oh ###### true that. On my way to purchase now.

Ive been stuck overseas doing an Internship since July with only a netbook at my disposal so I cant play NS2 for another 6 weeks!

Sorry for Hijacking the thread btw...... BUT JUST BUY IT DUDE!
  • ZijiZiji Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75902Members
    Problem is, I won't have enough money until Christmas day.. or more like the day after (so I can put it in the bank to use on card).

Oh well, let's hope for the best.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Hi Ziji.

We figured there may be some people in the same situation as you, so we are going to keep the holiday sale going for a few days after Christmas, maybe even through until the new year.

--Cory
  • ZijiZiji Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75902Members
    Thanks!

I'll definitely be buying it, that's for sure.

Glad to hear it.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1818981:date=Dec 24 2010, 09:07 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 24 2010, 09:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1818981"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Ziji.

We figured there may be some people in the same situation as you, so we are going to keep the holiday sale going for a few days after Christmas, maybe even through until the new year.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    very great, good i read this now, because i buy the holiday sale for two friends, it was a very nice gift for them, i print it on a card.
    If i would know i could buy tomorrow, i would not have purchase on "at the last moment" of xmas (in germany we give the gifts today.)
    Anyway, good sale, and very fair price, if the game get the same quality ns1 had.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i also just gifted 2 copies, one with a key written on a card.
    I was a little afraid because it was for my brother and he only has a laptop with a 2,5Ghz dualcore and a ATI 5 something (mobile gpu), but after running around in rockdown i was reliefed, way faster than i thought!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sweet, this means I'll be able to get the 2 gift copies then.
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    sorry if i was being <b>retarded</b>

but i was relating to this:

"In light of all the awesome sales happening for games all over the net, we thought we should spread some holiday cheer too."

"So we now have a buy-1-get-1-free holiday sale! If you buy the game you will get two e-mails, which you can then forward to a friend to grant them a copy of NS2 on Steam. We're not sure how long this will last!"

but seems cory has made the date and looks like its going to last long!

merry christmas everybody and yes harimau im <b>retarded</b>
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited December 2010
    What's that got to do with it? You just jumped the gun. He was asking for <b>clarification</b> and you snapped at him.
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1819282:date=Dec 25 2010, 03:28 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Dec 25 2010, 03:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819282"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's that got to do with it? You just jumped the gun. He was asking for <b>clarification</b> and you snapped at him.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And was retarded...