A Griefer

RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
edited January 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">You may have seen him</div>He may be coming into your server - snatching your peoples names up, and fading outside the map and making all sorts of grief.

Well today we got him on our server and banned him thanks to NS2GmOvrminds wonderful adminmod.

<!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->Personal info removed.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Do us all a favor and keep him off the playable servers.
Thanks,

#156 Server Admin:
insufficient funds

Comments

• endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks IF, i was considering asking for his steam ID in the other thread, but never got around to it.
  • SypherZSypherZ Join Date: 2003-09-07 Member: 20639Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1824956:date=Jan 17 2011, 08:30 AM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jan 17 2011, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824956"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He may be coming into your server - snatching your peoples names up, and fading outside the map and making all sorts of grief.

Well today we got him on our server and banned him thanks to NS2GmOvrminds wonderful adminmod.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is it against any rules to blink with fade so u get outside the map? :S
    I have done so by mistake some times, actually, When a bunch of marines shoot at me ive panicked and ive ended up outside falling with with no way but suicide to get back in the game...
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1824969:date=Jan 17 2011, 03:00 AM:name=SypherZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SypherZ @ Jan 17 2011, 03:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is it against any rules to blink with fade so u get outside the map? :S
    I have done so by mistake some times, actually, When a bunch of marines shoot at me ive panicked and ive ended up outside falling with with no way but suicide to get back in the game...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When it happens you should try to blink back into the map as fast as possible. This guy probably kept purposefully blinking out of the map even after many warnings.
  • VaratharVarathar Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27382Members
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1824956:date=Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824956"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He may be coming into your server - snatching your peoples names up, and fading outside the map and making all sorts of grief.

Well today we got him on our server and banned him thanks to NS2GmOvrminds wonderful adminmod.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What the ....?
    What if he just tried find out all engine glitches?
    This is still Beta, right? So the idea of it is to try find everything what can ruin the gameplay before the game is released.
    Did he really ruined your team game? How you even can in NS2 because you have your own plasma?

<!--quoteo(post=1824956:date=Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824956"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->snatching your peoples names up<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So if he had bad day and you can't just give him warning and kick him..? And if he don't stop, you can give him for example a 1 hour to 1 day ban instead flaming his steam profile and make him publicly bad person.

<!--quoteo(post=1824956:date=Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Jan 17 2011, 09:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824956"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do us all a favor and keep him off the playable servers.
    Thanks,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually I think what you are doing is childish and abuse of admin rights.

Or am I just completely wrong?
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    This thread is a good example that there are already as many bad admins out there as there are griefers.

Completely agree with Varathar.
  • ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    edited January 2011
    Varathar - Let me assure you since I have had the displeasure of meeting this Griefer creature, this is not a case of admin abuse.
    This individual is known to enter server with the sole purpose of ruining any fun being had, by recycling structures , hydra spamming and such.
    I asked him what possible fun could he get from this behaviour and he told me it was to get the devs to fix the issues... ie he hoped to mess up players games so they would complain to the devs.

This Fade blinking, I believe the real issue is when they blink out the map in such a manner to access the RR and hydra spam the RR to crash the server.

To the OP: While I can understand you wanting to assist the community by warning them of such individuals, broadcasting thier names makes them worse and encourages others in some attempt to gain attention.
    I think this thread should be locked and deleted before it encourages more grievers to be honest.
  • VaratharVarathar Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27382Members
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1824978:date=Jan 17 2011, 12:50 PM:name=ASnogarD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASnogarD @ Jan 17 2011, 12:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1824978"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Varathar - Let me assure you since I have had the displeasure of meeting this Griefer creature, this is not a case of admin abuse.
    This individual is known to enter server with the sole purpose of ruining any fun being had, by recycling structures , hydra spamming and such.
    I asked him what possible fun could he get from this behaviour and he told me it was to get the devs to fix the issues... ie he hoped to mess up players games so they would complain to the devs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok. Good enough.

But I dont like the way that Rulgrok publicly flame him.
    Every admin can by him self make own judgment when this Griefer is going to play in server.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    We have a policy that we don't allow server disputes or grievances to be aired on the forums. If there are disputes they should be taken up with the server admin. Or in this case, if you are that worried about this person, you need to contact other server admins directly.

These forums aren't the sort of place for this kind of naming and shaming, so I have removed the personal info from the OP.
This discussion has been closed.