DLC: Single Player / Bots

nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
edited April 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Make downloadable content.</div>I was wondering if when this is all done with the game. UWE would have a chance to do single player along with a bot attachment. Maybe this downloadable content can even bring in more people to play. This would interest many and promote the game as well.

Comments

• DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1842154:date=Apr 23 2011, 10:49 PM:name=nirvanaXO)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nirvanaXO @ Apr 23 2011, 10:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1842154"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was wondering if when this is all done with the game. UWE would have a chance to do single player along with a bot attachment. Maybe this downloadable content can even bring in more people to play. This would interest many and promote the game as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It could happen as a mod, but I don't see NS2 being designed with this gameplay in mind. Even if there's some single player content, it'd be like giving Team Fortress 2 a single player mode. It's really just not intended for that.

Bot support for low server populations? Sure. Scripted training rooms? Sure (though this would more likely be fan-made).
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
    I think a AVP like SP For the game would actually do excellently. Of course, you just wouldn't have the Commander mode in SP, or it'd be controlled by some kind of AI for some really unique situations.

Also, at 35$, I would hope this DLC would be free. I mean KF is 20$, and has much, much more content available, though they did have more capital, a previous game release, a Engine already built, ectera. The problem right now is I know that NS2 is costing alot to develop. I've followed it since the start. The problem is I really can't justify the 35$. None of my friends will buy it when I talk to them about it. They all say 35$ is way to much for little content. Also, most of my friends say I was stupid for buying NS2 in the first place...the hype has died quite abit, most sites I visit these days think NS2 is going to either never release, or release and drop support right away, or start charging out the ass for additional content. (5$ skins, 5$ weapon skins, 10$ map packs, ect)

I think charging for DLC post release would be insulting really, unless the game was 15-20$. Oh, and maps better never cost money. It's already shown PC gamers do -not- appreciate paying for maps.

Le sigh...I miss the day when "DLC" was just part of an update the Devs released. Now adays it's 15$ for 4 maps...Valve & Blizzard & CD Projekt are the only devs I know left that provide lots of free additional content for their games...
  • nirvanaXOnirvanaXO Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70747Members
    I guess you're both right with this idea of DLC, the bots will more or less be released as a mod, and single player DLC should be out of the question since prices are high. But then again who knows, prices might drop when the game is finished and DLC would be like $5/$10 or something for SP. That's just my guess on how things should be if I was an interested purchaser. Thank you both for commenting , gave me some insight on this idea.
  • ChrisJustinParrChrisJustinParr Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79359Members
    I love bots. I play on LAN a lot at a place with no internet, so bots always add value to any game I buy. I still play Battlefield 2 with friends with the bots added to keep the game interesting.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Would most likely need to be a mod (I'm sure we'll see many SP mods come from NS2).