Starcraft and counter strike = ns2

mammajoe44mammajoe44 Join Date: 2011-06-04 Member: 102635Members
<div class="IPBDescription">not really</div>Ok so yeah the ires system acts as money and you buy guns or better aliens. The rts is the starcraft. But in starcraft there are three units the zerg, protoss, and terran. There is only two units in ns. Now i know u devs arnt really trying to 1 up ns1 just remake ns1 with better graphics and as a stand alone game. But i find the rts elements lacking. I have seen that you guys want to make it a good fps first and then a ok rts after that. Imo the fps is fine as it is. More rts elements would be great.

Ok so one element im not a fan of is the fact that there are defined spawn locations on the levels.

The maps are made so you have tech points and res points around the maps and also in the theme of aliens and marines you have vents and powernodes. But imo you can have power nodes linked around the entire map and not just the "marine side" as well as vent systems. So changing that imo would not be a big deal. Now i think it would be cool when you played both teams starting location were random. So say on tram the aliens started in server room and the marines started in alien start. Now you dont know where they are u have to go find them. Also if you included another faction this would really make it feel like starcraft on the rts front.

Really i like ns2 as it is and im not crying about the lack of rts elements.. Its just i fell there is a lot left unexplored in the new genre of game you have made. So maybe after ns2 is all said and done then you can look to furthur this genre in a new title. I would perfer more of a rts game then a fps game. And on that note more or less of a 1 commander only rts game. So its more of a 1v1 with your team doing your orders. Also another cool factor could be like a 1v1v1 with all factions. That would really mix it up.

Just imo this idea of tech points and the idea of rts and fps has a lot of room for more elements to be added to really make it something epic.

Overall i just want another unit in ns2 thats just me tho. Maybe some people will disagree and say its shouldnt be more then the marines and aliens idk. Just my thoughts.

I want the game to feel more like a rts and more like starcraft.

Comments

• DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1851417:date=Jun 10 2011, 01:06 AM:name=mammajoe44)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mammajoe44 @ Jun 10 2011, 01:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851417"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok so yeah the ires system acts as money and you buy guns or better aliens. The rts is the starcraft. But in starcraft there are three units the zerg, protoss, and terran. There is only two units in ns. Now i know u devs arnt really trying to 1 up ns1 just remake ns1 with better graphics and as a stand alone game. But i find the rts elements lacking. I have seen that you guys want to make it a good fps first and then a ok rts after that. Imo the fps is fine as it is. More rts elements would be great.

Ok so one element im not a fan of is the fact that there are defined spawn locations on the levels.

The maps are made so you have tech points and res points around the maps and also in the theme of aliens and marines you have vents and powernodes. But imo you can have power nodes linked around the entire map and not just the "marine side" as well as vent systems. So changing that imo would not be a big deal. Now i think it would be cool when you played both teams starting location were random. So say on tram the aliens started in server room and the marines started in alien start. Now you dont know where they are u have to go find them. Also if you included another faction this would really make it feel like starcraft on the rts front.

Really i like ns2 as it is and im not crying about the lack of rts elements.. Its just i fell there is a lot left unexplored in the new genre of game you have made. So maybe after ns2 is all said and done then you can look to furthur this genre in a new title. I would perfer more of a rts game then a fps game. And on that note more or less of a 1 commander only rts game. So its more of a 1v1 with your team doing your orders. Also another cool factor could be like a 1v1v1 with all factions. That would really mix it up.

Just imo this idea of tech points and the idea of rts and fps has a lot of room for more elements to be added to really make it something epic.

Overall i just want another unit in ns2 thats just me tho. Maybe some people will disagree and say its shouldnt be more then the marines and aliens idk. Just my thoughts.

I want the game to feel more like a rts and more like starcraft.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->
    <picard facepalm snip>

"I frown on your post good sir and I'm not giving you any reason as to why!"

Try to refrain from single image posts such as these, this isn't an image board -Zaggy<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • OPIEOPIE Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8343Members
    lol. Love the picture.
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    Have you tought about just playing starcraft?
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    edited June 2011
    k as nicely as i can say it and with all honesty- this thread blows.

unless you're talking about 3 teams on 1 map, like cyborgs. that would just be f**king epic. hardon styles
  • Jason WhoreJason Whore Join Date: 2011-04-11 Member: 92514Members
    DJPenguin is my ###### hero !
    wait..... ist <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-23rdUl5Bk" target="_blank">THAT</a> you?
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    >Now i think it would be cool when you played both teams starting location were random.
    Love that idea

3 race is a balancing nightmare, also, getting 3 teams full of players?

Once NS2 is more feature complete it will feel better RTS wise, trust me.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1851486:date=Jun 10 2011, 10:09 AM:name=Jason ######)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jason ###### @ Jun 10 2011, 10:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851486"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->DJPenguin is my ###### hero !
    wait..... ist <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-23rdUl5Bk" target="_blank">THAT</a> you?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

if there is such a thing as an animal afterlife, I'll indubitably be spawned from that gene pool.
  • mammajoe44mammajoe44 Join Date: 2011-06-04 Member: 102635Members
    Well yeah it doesnt hurt to thing about it tho. Like another faction could be like this. Any of you remember the haze game? The robot humans? That could be a faction added later.
    You could call them helix or something random idk.

It can stay 1v1 faction style but with more factions to pick from to make a map around or something would be cool.
  • TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Enough with the story telling.