Dead Bodies

Death_by_bulletsDeath_by_bullets Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27336Members
Does anyone think that it would be a good idea for something to happen to bodies after they die? Pretty much like have the Alien bodies disintegrate or turn dissolve into organic material. Maybe the marine bodies can appear to turn into energy or vaporize or something. I mean, this is purely an aesthetic function but games that have bodies magically disappear have a somewhat unfinished touch. (Granted I know the game isn't finished)

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited June 2011
    Man, this idea has been brought up like ten thousand times. It's a good idea, really. But the general gist of replies goes, "performance before play before polish".

Personally, if I were to develop a closed-beta game, I would actually do it in the reverse order to build some hype, unless there're some seriously glaring problems with performance and gameplay.
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    make the bodies as ragdoll and allow fade to fix them on wall xD pigtail!