Natural Selection 2 thread in Facepunch Forums

niQboyniQboy Join Date: 2011-06-04 Member: 102638Members
edited June 2011 in NS2 E-Team
Hey guys,

I've made <a href="http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1096221-Natural-Selection-2-quot-Very-Nice.-quot-Gabe-Newell" target="_blank">a thread about NS2</a> on Facepunch Forums (a rather large gaming forum) and I've been working on it on and off for the last 5 days.

So far, the thread has gotten a pretty positive reaction from people and I've even convinced some people to buy the game from what I've heard.

The thread has gotten almost 3,000 hits so far and people are quite interested about the game.

Just thought I'd spread the word! Also, if there's something in the thread I should add or modify, let me know!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Lovely, I've posted a few video's on their forums as well NS2HD, UWE vids and 1 of my own, all received quite positive responses with some indecisive peeps as well. A dedicated thread like this on there is a good thing of course :)

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Main_Page" target="_blank">The NS2 wiki</a> is an awesome resources to check if you're missing stuff
  • niQboyniQboy Join Date: 2011-06-04 Member: 102638Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1852778:date=Jun 15 2011, 03:04 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jun 15 2011, 03:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1852778"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lovely, I've posted a few video's on their forums as well NS2HD, UWE vids and 1 of my own, all received quite positive responses with some indecisive peeps as well. A dedicated thread like this on there is a good thing of course :)

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Main_Page" target="_blank">The NS2 wiki</a> is an awesome resources to check if you're missing stuff<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you so much for that link, that site is a goldmine! :)

I've no idea why I didn't look up a NS2 wiki when I was making that thread, but now that I know it, I'll start editing the thread first thing tomorrow. ^^
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I posted a reply in your thread on FP as well, some valuable links to be had in mah post :P
    <!--quoteo(post=1852796:date=Jun 15 2011, 03:28 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jun 15 2011, 03:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1852796"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I posted a reply in your thread on FP as well, some valuable links to be had in mah post :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aye, thanks again. :) I've updated the thread with a lot of new information from the wiki.
  • TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2011
    Hmm there is some some missing like the abilities on the crag and whip that you have not included. Or was this on purpose, only to give them a general concept of what they do? You should try to redirect them over here so we can have 1 community! :3 Not pockets of ns2 community over different forums, just update the original post with the NS2 forums if they were wanting to get involved with the game.
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1853076:date=Jun 15 2011, 11:03 PM:name=TravCarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TravCarp @ Jun 15 2011, 11:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853076"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm there is some some missing like the abilities on the crag and whip that you have not included. Or was this on purpose, only to give them a general concept of what they do? You should try to redirect them over here so we can have 1 community! :3 Not pockets of ns2 community over different forums, just update the original post with the NS2 forums if they were wanting to get involved with the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've done my best to include links to all of the sites, like this one. More than that, I cannot do.

Also, yeah I'm planning to go more in-depth with all the abilities, like include all the damage statistics, energy costs etc.