Cancelling Pre-Order

Glenn1990Glenn1990 Join Date: 2011-06-16 Member: 104698Members
So I bought this game yerterday and after playing a few hours I'm not really a huge fan of it.

Since its still in the pre-order stages I was wondering if there is a cancellation process I can go through as I no longer wish to buy this game on release.

Thank you.

Comments

• subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    Shouldn't you wait till the final version comes out?
  • Glenn1990Glenn1990 Join Date: 2011-06-16 Member: 104698Members
    I appreitiate that the game is not final and that there are many bugs and features yet to be enable.

But its more a case of not enjoying the core concepts of this game for the reason i no longer wish to buy a copy.

Could you tell me how to cancel please?
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1853419:date=Jun 16 2011, 12:30 AM:name=Glenn1990)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glenn1990 @ Jun 16 2011, 12:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853419"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I bought this game yerterday and after playing a few hours I'm not really a huge fan of it.

Since its still in the pre-order stages I was wondering if there is a cancellation process I can go through as I no longer wish to buy this game on release.

Thank you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just want to remind you that the game as it is so far is not feature complete or optimized yet, and will unlikely be that way in the months to come. Perhaps you could try waiting for a while and come back later to see what it's like then.

But if you really do feel that way, I would either contact either Max or Flayra regarding preorders.

There's also the <a href="http://store@unknownworlds.com" target="_blank">store e-mail</a>, which is probably the better option.
  • moku9moku9 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69265Members
    "bought the game" and "still in pre-order" is a contradiction yes ?

Were you expecting a finished product in prerelease?

You could sell your key......
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    Don't argue with him. His money, his right.
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1853490:date=Jun 16 2011, 02:21 PM:name=zastels)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zastels @ Jun 16 2011, 02:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853490"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't argue with him. His money, his right.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not really, he chose to buy the product, he has to accept that when he entered the agreement, he forfeit his money to UWE.

Steam doesn't do refunds afaik. It's not really a pre-order so much as purchasing a product that's not complete yet. He's not entitled to anything.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I bought this apple yesterday but after eating half of it I decided I didn't like it. How do I go about getting a refund?
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    To be honest. The best thing to do is play Natural Selection (Mod) and then decide if you want Natural Selection 2.

Natural Selection (Mod) was a great game and I see potential in Natural Selection 2 to be even better.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    <i>Email store@unknownworlds.com with as much info as you can find (name, paypal transaction ID, purchase date, etc). They can look into it.</i>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113344&view=findpost&p=1843850" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=1843850</a>
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Dont like the core gameplay?!?! Thats crazy. lol

its not even half finished game.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    how these refund threads always end up with upset fanboys is getting boring.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1853531:date=Jun 16 2011, 03:35 PM:name=DJPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJPenguin @ Jun 16 2011, 03:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853531"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how these refund threads always end up with upset fanboys is getting boring.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm bored by the fact people don't use search :P
  • legolego Join Date: 2003-06-30 Member: 17819Members, Constellation
    edited June 2011
    You forum trolls need to get a life. Try being helpful sometime rather than being complete idiots to people who simply want a refund for an unfinished product. Being an ###### on the internet doesn't make you a cool guy, it just makes you an ######.

People want a refund don't read the thread get some self control.

Also to the original poster just contact UWE with the email they sent you the key with. I believe Brian is working on the refund portion of the company so give him a little time to get back to you.
  • ZimbuTheMonkeyZimbuTheMonkey Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72359Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1853505:date=Jun 16 2011, 10:07 AM:name=zimzum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zimzum @ Jun 16 2011, 10:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought this apple yesterday but after eating half of it I decided I didn't like it. How do I go about getting a refund?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yup. Totally the same thing. I can't find a single thing wrong with this comparison.

What's wrong with you people? Are you personally offended at him wanting a refund for a game you like? Somehow another person not liking it is a challenge to the legitimacy of your choice in buying the game?

###### christ, if a refund is not possible, simply and politely say so and be on your way.

I really don't understand the reasoning in being so insulting and hostile towards someone who has, thus far, been completely civil even when confronted by you ######.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1853546:date=Jun 16 2011, 04:09 PM:name=lego)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lego @ Jun 16 2011, 04:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853546"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You forum trolls need to get a life. Try being helpful sometime rather than being complete idiots to people who simply want a refund for an unfinished product. Being an ###### on the internet doesn't make you a cool guy, it just makes you an ######.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree with you. However trolling life is one fine and fun way to live, so I might disagree in part with you ;)
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1853501:date=Jun 16 2011, 10:02 AM:name=Zuriki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zuriki @ Jun 16 2011, 10:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853501"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not really, he chose to buy the product, he has to accept that when he entered the agreement, he forfeit his money to UWE.

Steam doesn't do refunds afaik. It's not really a pre-order so much as purchasing a product that's not complete yet. He's not entitled to anything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ya that's your opinion, and it is going to have zero weight on the outcome of this guys mission to get a refund.

Personally, I think he deserves it. There is nothing here worth buying unless you're interesting in the SDK.

That and, the customer is always right. Believe it.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1853501:date=Jun 16 2011, 10:02 AM:name=Zuriki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zuriki @ Jun 16 2011, 10:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853501"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not really, he chose to buy the product, he has to accept that when he entered the agreement, he forfeit his money to UWE.

Steam doesn't do refunds afaik. It's not really a pre-order so much as purchasing a product that's not complete yet. He's not entitled to anything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Pre-order isn't purchased through Steam, it's through PayPal, so he can get a refund by emailing UWE, as many have.

It would be <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->VERY HELPFUL<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> to have some stickied post on the Pre-order Refund Policy so that these threads don't have to keep popping up and then degrading into what they always do (people sharing their opinions on whether or not people should be asking for refunds when no one asked them that).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1853613:date=Jun 16 2011, 06:57 PM:name=KuBaN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KuBaN @ Jun 16 2011, 06:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853613"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Pre-order isn't purchased through Steam, it's through PayPal, so he can get a refund by emailing UWE, as many have.

It would be <!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->VERY HELPFUL<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> to have some stickied post on the Pre-order Refund Policy so that these threads don't have to keep popping up and then degrading into what they always do (people sharing their opinions on whether or not people should be asking for refunds when no one asked them that).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ^
    A man with a plan, devs take note ;)
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1853505:date=Jun 16 2011, 09:07 AM:name=zimzum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zimzum @ Jun 16 2011, 09:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I bought this apple yesterday but after eating half of it I decided I didn't like it. How do I go about getting a refund?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually a lot of supermarkets would probably accept the return. They would rather give you the money then risk a bad reputation.

I have heard stories of scumbags trying to pull all kinds of crap with supermarket returns, and getting them.
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1853628:date=Jun 16 2011, 02:24 PM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ Jun 16 2011, 02:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1853628"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually a lot of supermarkets would probably accept the return. They would rather give you the money then risk a bad reputation.

I have heard stories of scumbags trying to pull all kinds of crap with supermarket returns, and getting them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unless we are talking frozen or refrigerated goods, you are right.

NS2 is neither. No reason this thread is so long. He tried it, didn't like it, end of story. Buyers remorse is well established, even in the US, iirc.
    The thread ended at #4 actually, it's a well known fact they do refunds, but alas here we are on #22 now.
  • Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    He has bought the game yesterday and wants a refund, I think that's fair, it's different from the people who buy the game, play it 5 months, then come back and say they want a refund (and will probably buy it again later in a steam sale).
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Sure thing. Just write store@unknownworlds.com with your name and e-mail you used to buy the game.