duck to pick up weapons

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
Currently when someone (including yourself) drops a weapon, walking over it will automatically pick it up. Rather, the weapon should stay on the floor until you duck while on top of it, sort of like leaning down to pick it up. This would keep you from picking up unwanted weapons while also allowing the ability to pick up weapons without the need for a new bind.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    the use key is usually the one used for this, but this could be used instead so you can aim at a target and pick it up perhaps... I still prefer the use key though as accidentally ducking might change your weapon, while using the use key on it is a decision made by the player.

Imagine being in a fight and trying to hide behind a crate while your teammate next to you dies, then all of a sudden you pick up his weapon, a shotty not so good for picking off things at range :P
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    as far as i remember uwe wanted to implement that in (pick up weapon when pressing a key). but i guess its
    low priority
  • wulf 21wulf 21 Join Date: 2011-05-03 Member: 96875Members
    Its in the <a href="http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2Fns2design&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHNstHFEi-Mue2oiRGl6ChSfHVj3Q" target="_blank">design doc</a>:

<!--QuoteBegin- "design doc+ 7/11+12/2011"--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ( "design doc @ 7/11+12/2011")</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->- Add CoD style menu that tells you to press your use key to pick up a weapon<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • inFamous FighterinFamous Fighter Join Date: 2011-07-09 Member: 109262Members
    edited July 2011
    Yea, I think that it would be better to use a key like E to pick up the weapon instead and show like an image of it.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    I was thinking ctrl+E so you didn't have to aim at it, but there's the rare case of ducking while building something to consider.. so aiming is probably still better.