Do marines need some sort of anti-alien sight weapon?

2»

Comments

• HakujinHakujin Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16157Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1866748:date=Aug 5 2011, 04:41 PM:name=vizionz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vizionz @ Aug 5 2011, 04:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866748"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Umm motion tracking is the marines version of alien sight, is it not?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    IF motion tracking is in. I personally am STRONGLY against motion tracking. NS1 was always fun until MT came out.
  • Boxer`DBoxer`D Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112532Members
    I don't know what some of you are talking about here, alien vision is THE best way to play alien.
    It's an extremely clean and easy way to see everything that's going on and is a huge combat advantage.
    If you can't tell your on fire, your headphones aren't on!!!
    Alien vision is 100% always on.

That being said I don't want it changed, but creating a counter is a legitimate idea!

p.s Who doesnt use alien vision? ~.~ facepalm
  • Boxer`DBoxer`D Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112532Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1866706:date=Aug 5 2011, 01:26 PM:name=RisingSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RisingSun @ Aug 5 2011, 01:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866706"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If there had to be a penalty for using alien flash light why not have the aliens eyes glow a feint red. This way an alien could look away to hide his eyes but give up line of sight. This is as far as i would ever want to see alien flashlight penalized.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This is a really good idea for a soft counter if it was for a very short period.
    Oh and please no MT :P

visionz has a pretty good idea in this forum about this actually!
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=114498&view=findpost&p=1866403" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=1866403</a>
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    I like the idea of a soft glow on alien eyes while in alien vision, making them a bit more apparent when hiding in vents/ceilings/etc,
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    edited August 2011
    Eye glow:

Their eyes already glow, but I guess they could glow more.

Alien vision:

We had this whole highlighting flashlight function back in NS1 with no trouble/whining, the only difference is it actually works as a flashlight as well in NS2, lighting your view of the room up.

It's not exactly a balance issue unlike plenty of real issues right now. I can confidently assure you alien vision isn't the reason we're seeing 70% wins in their favor.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1867162:date=Aug 7 2011, 08:56 AM:name=Kurrine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurrine @ Aug 7 2011, 08:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eye glow:

Their eyes already glow, but I guess they could glow more.

Alien vision:

We had this whole highlighting flashlight function back in NS1 with no trouble/whining, the only difference is it actually works as a flashlight as well in NS2, lighting your view of the room up.

It's not exactly a balance issue unlike plenty of real issues right now. I can confidently assure you alien vision isn't the reason we're seeing 70% wins in their favor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It actually is a balance issue, just not a severe one. But that's neither here nor there, my point was to brainstorm about how we could go forward in the game with respect to the ability. Give marines a researchable thermal vision mode? Some sort of marine ability that disrupts alien vision? Make alien eyes glow more apparently as to highlight their silhouette when hiding in a good spot? etc.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, alien sight is so powerful. I don't even bother playing without it on unless I need to check lighting conditions.

Makes NS2 vids look a little... silly.