Started crashing at 187... Still crashing after 188 update :/

SiNzSiNz Join Date: 2009-08-12 Member: 68445Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Help please? I have searched through the forums :( unless i'm blin</div>Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that NS2 has been perfect until Build 187 where as when i run NS2 from steam normally or lauchpad, it keeps on crashing... I thought i would wait for the 188 patch in which it hasn't fixed the problem.. I have removed all of NS2 files and folders then have download from all different steam servers that are hosting and it's always the same.... <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?e6xcij51wr57hs7" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?e6xcij51wr57hs7</a> <-- There is what happens all time, never goes into the game ._. new patch hasnt fixed it neither has the countless steam servers i have re-downloaded and re-installed after completely removing all the files!!

If anyone could assist it would be much appreciated so i can get me NS2 on ;)

Comments

• DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Helping you would be much easier if you could inform us about the specs of your computer and provide us with the game log (press Win+R, insert "%APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt", press Enter).
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2011
    How is it crashing?
    -black screen on start with no respond?
    -doesn't even start
    -crashes to desktop (CTD) while starting
    -loads till menue then hangs up
    -nothing shown on the start menu (no textures)
    -hangs on build 188 screen when loading a map
    -CTD while loading the map

And many more. When and how does it crash? What GPU/CPU and OS do sou use. Did you already have updated the GPU drivers? Did you set antialiasing to application settings in the Nvidia/Amd controlpanel? Did you try launch the game in windowedmode (change it in the options.xml)?

Need a bit more info TBH.
  • SiNzSiNz Join Date: 2009-08-12 Member: 68445Members
    Hey guys, thanks for the reply!!

Dghelneshi, this is what is showing when i did as you said,

Date: 12/02/11
    Time: 08:41:17
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 188
    Starting Natural Selection 2
    Loading a locale twice enUS
    RenderDevice: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (8.17.12.9036)

Floodinator,

There hasn't been any issues before the 187 build as i said.. My sytems specs are as follows;

CPU: Intel i7 920 - O/C to 3.66ghz with H60 Cooler
    MOBO: Gigabyte EX58 UD4P
    RAM: Corsair Vengance tri channel DDR 3 1600mhz
    PSU: Antec Quattro True Power 1000W
    GFX: Gigabyte 560TI GTX Super O/C

When i run it, opens, black screen, the error msg... Hence the mediafire link i gave.

Thanks again guys!! :)
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2011
    Do you run the menuemod?
    Tryed tu run it as administartor?
    Have the runtimes and physic been correctly installed?

Edit: just saw your pic. May try to not run 10 and more aplications with NS2 at the same time?
    Menuemod?

Is that the Launch Pad?? If so, i have tryed it.. Also i have tryed running as Admin and even Compatibility to run it as Win XP, nothing has seemed to work..

I'm not to sure if the runtimes and physics has been installed correctly or not?? What did 187 Build have to not make the game work for me? lol, it's weird :( Thanks for your help though!!
    edited December 2011
    Nah it is the experimental non flashmenue mod form the Mods forums. I meaned if you run NS2 with any mod (properties of the game then "-game modnamehere"). Did you never installed someting from the mods forum? If you did don't run the game withit.

If I take a look at your screen you should clean up your PC a bit or have a dualboot (game OS and work/internet OS) because NS2 is really CPU and mem hungry.

And never forget that the nature if the PC is that it sudenly starts acting like a women. A PC needs also a "period" once a month to be happy ;-)
    edited December 2011
    LMFAO!!! It's had it perids for a while :P Hard to please ;)

Nah i haven't done anything, it's been the NS2 from the first Alpha that was release and Build 187 stuffed everything up.... Thought Build 188 would fix it but nope. I'm a stock standard person, i like everything simple and basic plus my pc is pretty clean ;)

As i said everyone had problems with Alpha and what not while i had no issues... Knock on wood, been so far happy with the progress the UWE have been doing until 187 :P Maybe it doesn't like my PC, but i don't get why not ;) I believe i poop on the requirements due to the fact there hasnt been any problems before that build :P So i'm just puzzled!!! I got 3 HDD :P 500gb Main, 500gb and 1TB for storage ;)
  • LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1887853:date=Dec 2 2011, 02:29 AM:name=Floodinator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Floodinator @ Dec 2 2011, 02:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1887853"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And never forget that the nature if the PC is that it sudenly starts acting like a women. A PC needs also a "period" once a week to be happy ;-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was really bad and dumb. I rarely post.