Marine/Alien Encounters Survey

DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
I apologize for the brevity/simplicity of this survey, but on a free account, I can only do so much.

<a href="http://omi.questionform.com/public/ns2" target="_blank">Survey #1</a>
<a href="http://omi.questionform.com/public/ns2_2/" target="_blank">Survey #2</a>

I'm curious how players "oh shi-!" when they come across enemies with different load-outs. If this gets much attention, I'll post the results later. No need to sign up for anything to take the survey.

Comments

• SiniStarRSiniStarR Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71380Members
    Did it!

Very interesting idea. Can't wait to see the results.
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    Update: Just added a second part to the survey. I didn't realize I was allowed two free surveys on this site. Sorry for the last post!
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    edited February 2012
    Is the point of this to see if people have figured out the obvious relationship between "lifeform you're fighting" and "types of guns you should use in combination"?

It's pretty rigid for the most part - if you can use a flamethrower on a fade as part of your group, you pretty much always want to. Same goes for shotguns against lerks.
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Voted! Also looking forward to seeing the results.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1898698:date=Feb 2 2012, 07:34 AM:name=internetexplorer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (internetexplorer @ Feb 2 2012, 07:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898698"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is the point of this to see if people have figured out the obvious relationship between "lifeform you're fighting" and "types of guns you should use in combination"?

It's pretty rigid for the most part - if you can use a flamethrower on a fade as part of your group, you pretty much always want to. Same goes for shotguns against lerks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think that we should just replace all lifeforms and weapons with three kinds of giant hands:

1. A Clenched Fist
    2. Index and Middle Fingers Extended
    3. An Open Palm

Whenever a player with a Clenched Fist hits a player with Index and Middle Fingers Extended, the latter dies.
    Whenever a player with Index and Middle Fingers Extended hits a player with an Open Palm, the latter dies.
    Whenever a player with an Open Palm hits a player with a Clenched Fist, the latter dies.

You see, this way, we keep the same mechanic, but it's much easier to understand for new players.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Taken.

BTW, how many have responded so far?
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1898882:date=Feb 2 2012, 11:44 AM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Feb 2 2012, 11:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898882"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Taken.

BTW, how many have responded so far?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A little over 50. I'm going to leave it up for a day longer, and I'll post the results (and some observations) then. It largely tells us things that we might have guessed, but the sway of preference as we transition into the late game is pretty cool. I have a motive for this survey, btw, but prefer to have the research in order to substantiate my my case.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    Did it ....

But I have to warn you....i love shotguns in FPS's
    love em

So unless the shotgun totally sucks in a game....or there are way to many shotgunners.....i'm buying it.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    shotgun..shotgun..shotgun..shotgun..shotgun

ok done
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    My magic 8ball says:

- Fade
    - Lerk 2nd

- Shotgun (because one hit and besides the lmg the most used weapon since the whip nade counter, wins)
    - GL

- Shotgun

- Shotgun

- Shotgun

- Shotgun, guess most ppl will vote shotgun, i like the lmg more (but its not really that useful against lerks and fades, so im forced to use it sooner or later)

-Shotgun

-Shotgun

-Shotgun

So we now know shotgun is the most important weapon the way the survey was written atm(surprise) since there is no hmg. lmg is weaker against fades and lerks, flamethrower is more like a cripple weapon(if dmg was higher skulks lerk would pee their pants), and gls are not really useful other than against skulks and structures(but since the whip stuff not as much used anymore), because its kinda hard to play with against fast flying units or blink. (and you can kill yourself)

:D