Been crashing since 187.... Got a thread but no one helped.. I did DXDIAG now... HELP PLEASE!

SiNzSiNz Join Date: 2009-08-12 Member: 68445Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Help please, Still crashing since Build 187 :/</div>Hey Guys,

I'm doing another topic to ask for MORE HELP!! Since few guys tried to help :( But i've done everything i can think of and read of under the sun, stars, moon and clouds..... I did a DXDIAG with a saved file so if anyone could pin point what the problem could be??

File size was 36kb :/ So i zipped it ._. ffs.... Anyways please if anyone could help it would be much appreciated, ive never had any problems since alpha beta and omega :/... Just stared at 187 and still keep crashes when i load the game... I run NS2, screen turns black like it's going in game then it encountered a problem so it has to shut down and i click close program?? WTF!! O_O!! Please!!!

Kind Regards

Sinan Kucuk

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Your system looks fine.

Please lost up your log.txt file from here: C:\Users\YOUUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\
  • SiNzSiNz Join Date: 2009-08-12 Member: 68445Members
    edited February 2012
    Sweet, thank you!! Here is the Log.txt and a few more...

Kind Regards,

Sinan Kucuk
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Try doing a proper clean removal of your video drivers, and then re-installing.

Any problems with other games?
    Thanks, i've downloaded drivers from Nvidia and always done a clean install :s I think earlier if i remember correctly (sorry, i'm very tired from a 17 hour shift)... I downloaded the cleaning program from the tech support forums, i haven't used it yet but i have not had any problems with anything until the 187 Build only on NS2, everthing else been fine, no problems at all....

I will give the program a crack to do a proper clean and see if that works, thank you!!

Kind Regards

Sinan Kucuk
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It does look like maybe like it's not able to inicialize your GFX card possibly. Yes try the latest BETA Drivers and re-installing DirectX 9 (NS2 is a DX9 game) by going here: <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35</a>
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Did you update your graphics card drivers before the game broke? If you did, change back to the older version.

It is very weird that your GFX card cannot be initialized. As mentioned above reintstalling DX9 etc. It's very weird.
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    I have found that uninstalling NS2 and then reinstall fixed most of my problems. Like with this new patch, everything looked like it updated correctly but then once I tried to boot the game I would get the black screen or it would just not load period.

I then uninstalled NS2 then reinstalled and runs like a top. Might not help you but worth a try if you have not tried it already.
    Thanks guys for all your hellp,

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling from different server from steam, i did the "Clean Sweep of Nvidia Drivers" still doesn't work, I've done the dxwebsetup, i got it saved on my spare HDD, it says i have equivelant or better :s so nothing updates.... Played around with GFX settings in the control panel.. I've also reverted back to the previous Nvidia driver back when 187 patch got downloaded yet to no prevail :s it's weird....

Possibly a clean instal of Win 7 Ulti would do the trick???

Thank You and Kind Regards as always :)

Sinan Kucuk

P.S i'm in Queensland so my Win 7 disk is back at Sydney home D:... I'll try and download the 560 ti CD Drivers that came with it and give it a crack... Thanks again for the helps! :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1899521:date=Feb 4 2012, 04:27 PM:name=SiNz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SiNz @ Feb 4 2012, 04:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1899521"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've done the dxwebsetup, i got it saved on my spare HDD, it says i have equivelant or better :s so nothing updates

Possibly a clean instal of Win 7 Ulti would do the trick???<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A clean install would probably work, but I would really try and get direct X to reinstall before going ahead with it. There is probably a way to either verify the install, overwite the install, or uninstall the current.
    Ok, i downloaded and re-installed "DirectX 9.0c (Jun 10)" and still the same problem... I'm going to try and clear cmos and see if anything happens, if not then i just have to wait until i finish my work up here in QLD and when i go back to Sydney just to reinstall Win 7 again xD

Thank you very much for all your help!! Much appreciated!! Thank you

Kind Regards

Sinan Kucuk
  • acid_rainacid_rain NS2 NAPT Mascot Austin, TX Join Date: 2010-02-16 Member: 70588Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2012
    Have you installed the latest version of PhysX? I know they have a core on them dedicated to PhysX, but I'm wondering if you update it, it might help?

Also, you may want to check your settings.xml file and make sure the resolution isn't outside the range of your monitor. Try something basic like 800x600 first, then see what happens.
  • kababkabab Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24384Members, Constellation
    Do you have issues with other graphically heavy games?
    At this point I would say a full wipe of your system would be worth trying.
    I'm sure he will post, but i was playing some games with him tonight, so its fixed.
    edited February 2012
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, yes i was playing NS2 the other day.... It's funny because i got no clue on what i did... I just clicked "Restore" on Nvidia Settings, then launched NS2, IT RAN!! O_O!! I was soo happy and suprised.... Guess what... Ran NS2 just then and still the same issue.... I got no idea ._. I did "Restore" in Nvidia Settings and tryed to run NS2 again.. In which it still is not working...

No my pc has never had any other problems on any other game, heavy or light!!!

I would do a full wipe but Win 7 Ulti CD is at home back in Sydney :(

As i said i got no clue on how it got working the other day but it's not working again :s

Kind Regards

Sinan Kucuk
    Hey Hey!!

Guess what everyone :) Sorry for hassling everyone for this and i thank you all for all your help and information in regards to the issue....

PROBLEM!! SOLVED!!!

With my Gigabyte 560ti GTX on the CD there is a program "OC Guru" with it running NS2 kept on crashing, i thought for a sec let me close it :s... NS2 works..... Ran "OC Guru" then NS2, didn't work.... Closed "OC Guru" NS2 works :D....

Thank you all again :)

Kind Regards

Sinan Kucuk :D