Thank you so much for hard-work

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
<div class="IPBDescription">game becomes always better</div>
Build 199 already??! with several new features??

I'm so happy.. I was still disappointed maybe 1 or 1.5 year ago.

But now? game became already so cool.

Of course, there are still things to be implemented, and also some really important thing like optimization and dynamic infestation,

but it's unbelievable how fast every updates are and how many contents those contain.

p.s. WTH with bile bomb of Lerk? No more bile bomb party for gorges?!

thanks

Comments

• SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bile bomb of Lerk? No more bile bomb party for gorges?!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lerks will have bile bomb and gorges will get goo walls @ 2nd hive
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I love the dedicate of UWE staff, pushing out build after build.

PS Schimmel, you work way too hard!
  • cH40z-LordcH40z-Lord Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68269Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gorges without bilebomb feels now more useless in mid- and late-game than before. There is now no real usage for being a Gorge except that you can heal your mates, which could easily takeover by a Crag.... All he can do now is placing cysts and dropping hydras in early game - that's it. After the 2nd hive is dropped where is no real usage for him.

I'm a bit worried about the Gorge right now =/ Not sure if Goo-Wall gives him that special "feeling" back again :(
  • SantoSanto Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147548Members
    I miss george bile bombing fun :(

Anyway, (thumbs up)
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1908642:date=Mar 1 2012, 11:03 AM:name=cH40z-Lord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cH40z-Lord @ Mar 1 2012, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908642"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gorges without bilebomb feels now more useless in mid- and late-game than before. There is now no real usage for being a Gorge except that you can heal your mates, which could easily takeover by a Crag....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, I don't know about that specifically; IIRC Crag heals a flat 10 hp every two seconds, Gorge heals a % of max hp twice a second.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1908623:date=Mar 1 2012, 09:33 AM:name=Schimmel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schimmel @ Mar 1 2012, 09:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908623"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lerks will have bile bomb and gorges will get goo walls @ 2nd hive<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Lerk with bilebomb?
    Now, if gorges with long bilebomb range ever was annoying, this will be even more so.
    Lerk as a siege class is a very bad idea.
    Lerks are simply too fast to gain such a powerful siege ability.
    That damage/role should be tied to the gorges.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1908691:date=Mar 1 2012, 02:23 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Mar 1 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908691"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerk with bilebomb?
    Now, if gorges with long bilebomb range ever was annoying, this will be even more so.
    Lerk as a siege class is a very bad idea.
    Lerks are simply too fast to gain such a powerful siege ability.
    That damage/role should be tied to the gorges.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It depends how they implement it. If the Lerk drops it like a bomb in the same rate as the gorge did, he can die really fast. He can't spore and then bile because it needs to much energy and you need to fly ober the buildings, not like the gorge that can sit in a vent and can't be killed.

The bilebomb should have the same momentum as the Lerk, so if he sits still he would just poop a bilebomb at the place.

Also a Lerk has alot less HP than a Gorge. And it stops those gorges that bile the base, die, go gorge again and bile the base. Lerk would limit that because it's 30 Pres and it has a higher risk, because you have to fly near the buildings.

If well implemented, shifting BB to the Lerk can be a simple but very good balance desicion.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    <b>I have to agree Classic319</b> , probably 1 year ago I was exstremly disappointed. Also remember having argument with one of the UWE member in the forums, cory is his name i think, made me even more angryer. But now after seeing all the good progress, I'm very satisfied and happy.

It's going in the right direction. Really excited to see the final products. :D