No "Disconnect" Button

MOSSMOSS Join Date: 2012-02-28 Member: 147669Members
edited February 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Succestion: add a "Disconnect" button to the in-game menu</div>I frequently find myself accidentally pressing the "Exit" button in game when my intention was to merely disconnect from the server. I am aware that players can easily disconnect by typing "disconnect" into console, but I think a more user-friendly option would be to just add a "Disconnect" button to the in-game esc menu. It seemed odd to me that one did not exist to begin with. When one disconnects, they will simply be taken back to the starting menu.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    A new menu is in the works
  • SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    will the new menu close again when you hit escape a second time and go back one "screen" when you hit escape for example in the server browser or in the options menu?

i find myself stuck at the prototype lab quite often trying to buy a jetpak, noticing i don't have the res, hitting escape, trying to exit the menu with escape again, failing at that, desparately trying to mouse to the "return button", getting eaten by a skulk, finding the "quit" button at the top right that looks oddly out of place and dying before i have a chance to click on it :(