sist upgrade

zolfozolfo Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148356Members
the sists that gorges and the alien commander can put down are pretty boring and have no real function other then a building area.

my suggestion is to put in an upgrade the commander can research that gives the sists a damage function.

how this works is simple. once upgraded there would be small tentacles in the green stuff the signifies the upgrade and when a marine steps on it they take 1 point of damage every 5 seconds until they get off of the green stuff. this encourages more use of the sists and also makes the fight more of a front line and encourages the marines to kill the sists more often. this damage should stack individually with each sist. in effect stacking sists on top of each other they each do their damage separately which makes them more of a threat.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I think I'm in favor of Charlie's idea of the Commander blowing up Cysts, since it rewards well-timed explosions and acts as a defensive mechanism, along with Hive Sight on infestation.

Although regarding Mini-Cysts, would be nice if Gorge can blow them up, too :P

But who knows, maybe the Cyst upgrading idea can involve passive damage around the upgraded/mature Cyst, as well.
  • zolfozolfo Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148356Members
    if ya want exploding sist that can be another separate upgrade. but instead of detonating them, this would be too hard as marines would stay back, make it so they explode on death by marine and have a short aoe acid effect. along with my tentacle idea
  • eisigereisiger Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75159Members
    The cysts already provide a slowdown defense and increases player regens.
  • zolfozolfo Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148356Members
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1911144:date=Mar 8 2012, 12:30 PM:name=zolfo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zolfo @ Mar 8 2012, 12:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1911144"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->not good enough<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And act as a parasite to all marines standing on it, allowing you to know about enemy movements.

The <i>cysts</i> are already useful enough with some planned features like faster movement apparently on the way.
  • kala takikala taki Join Date: 2012-03-11 Member: 148590Members
    Add the ability to upgrade cysts/creep to give aliens silence while on creep.

+1 to give cyst upgrades.