Major bug with new UI cant play

flyjumflyjum Join Date: 2012-01-07 Member: 139849Members
edited May 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">If you set the res super low you can click any menu</div>I cant reset my res to 1920x1080 because the menus dont fit on the screen
If you set the res really low like 720x480 it breaks everything

Edit Ok I see you have to alt tab close the game restart it and the menus resize after

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1936936:date=May 18 2012, 11:04 AM:name=flyjum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flyjum @ May 18 2012, 11:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1936936"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I cant reset my res to 1920x1080 because the menus dont fit on the screen
    If you set the res really low like 720x480 it breaks everything

Edit Ok I see you have to alt tab close the game restart it and the menus resize after<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, that is quite an annoying bug right now. It was also present in the old menu, not resizing properly. However if you ever have this problem again, with it being stuck on a resolution, which is out of range for your monitor, you can always open up the "system_options.xml" in notepad and edit the X and Y res manually. To find this file, you simply use the following key combination

Windowskey+R and in this popup window you type

%appdata%\Natural Selection 2
  • bobthesobbobthesob Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137195Members
    The menu has got to be a super high priority! its the very FIRST thing a user will see when they get the game. It needs to be fast and snappy with lots of settings that are easy to change. PLEASE just use fsfod mod and save yourselves the time.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Was looking for a quote from Obraxis, but couldn't find it. It basically said that the way fsfod coded the menu UWE couldn't use it. There's a lot of polish and other changes to be done to the menu. Be patient.
  • flyjumflyjum Join Date: 2012-01-07 Member: 139849Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1937009:date=May 18 2012, 08:55 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ May 18 2012, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937009"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, that is quite an annoying bug right now. It was also present in the old menu, not resizing properly. However if you ever have this problem again, with it being stuck on a resolution, which is out of range for your monitor, you can always open up the "system_options.xml" in notepad and edit the X and Y res manually. To find this file, you simply use the following key combination

Windowskey+R and in this popup window you type

%appdata%\Natural Selection 2<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yea that is what I was checking is if the menu scales with res settings because I knew in older versions it did not.
    It does if you restart the game
    Maybe a temp fix is to restart the game if a resolution change is applied