Request for "speed up" when egging

vupvup Join Date: 2007-10-28 Member: 62763Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Commanders often can´t find the egg</div>I dont know if that still exists in the current patch but there used to be the ability for the alien comm to speed up alien building and player egging.

The problem is that the commander often can´t find the specific egg. It would be much more easier if there was a request button for alien players while egging.

Comments

• MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Or maybe change the egg color for the ones that are occupied. It would make it easier for the commander to tell which eggs are players.
    But obviously this color change would only be visible to the alien commander as we don't want to tip off the Marines.
  • vupvup Join Date: 2007-10-28 Member: 62763Members
    "But obviously this color change would only be visible to the alien commander as we don't want to tip off the Marines."

coloured egg for marines, that would be like easter and christmas xD hahaha
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=1943846:date=Jun 16 2012, 07:37 AM:name=vup)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vup @ Jun 16 2012, 07:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943846"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dont know if that still exists in the current patch but there used to be the ability for the alien comm to speed up alien building and player egging.

The problem is that the commander often can´t find the specific egg. It would be much more easier if there was a request button for alien players while egging.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Alien commanders cannot find the egg?

It's the one with the player's name spelled out above it.

"Mist me in (insert location here)" seems pretty obvious to me...
  • vupvup Join Date: 2007-10-28 Member: 62763Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Mist me in (insert location here)" seems pretty obvious to me...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

true, but you could say the same for marine requests. "requesting rt in xyz" . The point is, that you have to type and the commander has to read. Would be more convenient if aliens could just request it and the alien comm would see it pop up as an icon like it does for the marine commander when someone requests medpacks.
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1943874:date=Jun 17 2012, 03:24 AM:name=Master Blaster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Blaster @ Jun 17 2012, 03:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943874"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alien commanders cannot find the egg?

It's the one with the player's name spelled out above it.

"Mist me in (insert location here)" seems pretty obvious to me...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A problem with that right now, is that the text for your name blends in quite well to the infestation, so it's hard for the com to pick out the evolving egg in an infested room.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    they should just use a similar thing to "Request ORders" or the marines. so that the comm can find you easily.
  • RustInPiecesRustInPieces Join Date: 2008-10-15 Member: 65210Members
    edited June 2012
    Player names over eggs should be more visible, and should also show which evolution(s) the player is going for.
    Something like

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->RustInPieces<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->: <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Onos<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->Carapace
    Regen<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1944339:date=Jun 17 2012, 11:39 PM:name=RustInPieces)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RustInPieces @ Jun 17 2012, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1944339"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Player names over eggs should be more visible, and should also show which evolution(s) the player is going for.
    Something like

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->RustInPieces<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->: <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Onos<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    Regen<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Add a "% Completed" bit in there, and +1.
  • botchiballbotchiball Join Date: 2003-04-24 Member: 15810Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1944339:date=Jun 17 2012, 11:39 PM:name=RustInPieces)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RustInPieces @ Jun 17 2012, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1944339"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Player names over eggs should be more visible, and should also show which evolution(s) the player is going for.
    Something like

Regen<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Add a "% Completed" bit in there, and +1.