Crosshair is missing

JoggingBearJoggingBear Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154061Members
edited July 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Redownloaded, validated files, still not there.</div>After the latest patch (214) my crosshair is now completely gone. I've deleted and let steam redownload all of the lua files, all of the textures, and I've also disabled any mods I had, but it's still missing. I'm at my wits end. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Note: I was using a custom Crosshair texture before the update, but I deleted it and let the originals re-download. But that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    I guess you deleted via steam ?! If yes delete the folder too after you deinstalled, then download again.
    do you get any error messages when you play without crosshair ?
  • JoggingBearJoggingBear Join Date: 2012-07-12 Member: 154061Members
    No error messages at all. I'm redownloading for the third time now, deleting it via steam, as well as deleting the folder left afterwards.
    So I've redownloaded again, removed all nvidia settings for the exe, had no mods installed, and I still can't see my crosshair.

I have no idea why it's doing this anymore. This is just crazy.
  • elmo9000elmo9000 Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149324Members
    Are you playing on a round that is started/running and not just hosting a game yourself? Because the crosshairs are disabled preround (dont ask why).
  • [HEI] Spade[HEI] Spade Join Date: 2012-04-28 Member: 151223Members, Squad Five Blue
    A solution is that you can add yourself the crosshair file :) Or as elmo said, you don't have your crosshair before 1 player on each teams at least and before the game begins!
    I only just realized this. I was only testing it by myself, god I feel stupid.

Thanks everyone!
  • [HEI] Spade[HEI] Spade Join Date: 2012-04-28 Member: 151223Members, Squad Five Blue
    you are welcome :)
    You should be new so it's ok ^^ Good luck in the jungle of ns2! I can give you some tips ingame one day when i will come back on steam :p within 2 weeks.
    PM me if you need some help, questions or advices :)