Hive speak(call? idk)

RtronRtron Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154545Members
<div class="IPBDescription">It might add a bit more comm for the players who dont have mikes</div>so basically its this say you go onos and you need a gorge to back you healing you so you press the hive speak? call? (idk what to call it) button

and the hive voice that alerts you if a building is under attack alerts the gorges or the alien team as a whole that the onos needs a gorge. so good idea or bad idea?

Comments

• plausiblesargeplausiblesarge Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154558Members
    people usually use microphone for this
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    the commander def needs more waypoint style options

defend, hold etc

you can do move and attack but these are only contextual so dont always appear when you need them
  • plausiblesargeplausiblesarge Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154558Members
    I think they could take a page out of the book of dota 2 for this one:

hold ALT and click on the map to create a ping that all teammates can see
    hold CTRL and draw on the map

The ALT ping is context sensitive, so if it is an enemy structure it will be an "attack this" ping and whatnot. I know we already have right click, but it is a flawed system because more than half the time I find myself setting waypoints instead of ordering my troops around
  • H3lixH3lix Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154722Members, NS2 Map Tester
    i support this thread +1 basic feature but not "imbalance provoking"
  • RtronRtron Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154545Members
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1957495:date=Aug 5 2012, 12:20 AM:name=plausiblesarge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (plausiblesarge @ Aug 5 2012, 12:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1957495"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->people usually use microphone for this<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

but what if you dont have a mic? what then? you cant stop to send a message to ppl. and besides this would add a little order to the chaos that exists if there's a lot of ppl talking at once

and besides it would give more of a "Hive mind" feeling to the alien team and it would add an in game ability for players who dont have mics to counter the marine commanders order the troops around. sorta like hive sight with parasiteing only hive speak(call? still dont know what to call it)