Welcome to Squad Five

Comments

• -[420]-Papageorgio-[420]-Papageorgio Join Date: 2011-09-23 Member: 122961Members
    Slogan: Help NS2 Thrive with Squad 5!

Copyright @ 2012 Papageorgio. Charging 5 cents for everytime it's used.
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    Keep NS2 alive with squad five. no copyright, free ware.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Hope to have the time to support NS2 and the forum's like old NS--- <a href="http://kustomkarnage.com/index.php" target="_blank">Kustomkarnage</a>--- Thanks for all the great work so far all.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Is it required to start a [Project] thread before the "actuation" of whatever you wish to do? Or can future projects also be awarded retroactively? o_o
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited May 2012
    What if I have a project idea but don't want to run the project?

Can I post my idea here and if someone wants to do it they can take it to a [Project] thread?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1932510:date=May 2 2012, 03:23 AM:name=Mestaritonttu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mestaritonttu @ May 2 2012, 03:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932510"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is it required to start a [Project] thread before the "actuation" of whatever you wish to do? Or can future projects also be awarded retroactively? o_o<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The goal of Squad 5 is to support people who do awesome things for NS2. So if you decide to get your idea up and running and <i>then</i> post about it, that shouldn't be a problem!

<!--quoteo(post=1933005:date=May 3 2012, 10:47 AM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ May 3 2012, 10:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What if I have a project idea but don't want to run the project?

Can I post my idea here and if someone wants to do it they can take it to a [Project] thread?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes. If you have a fantastic idea but you can't do it for whatever reason you should lay out the details here and then try to recruit a team. Once you have a group of people dedicated to working on it you can create a [Project] thread.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes. If you have a fantastic idea but you can't do it for whatever reason you should lay out the details here and then try to recruit a team. Once you have a group of people dedicated to working on it you can create a [Project] thread.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    does this mean [Projects] only make sense if you are <b>already</b> working in a team? if so, please delete my topics in this forum: there are possibilities to work on it as a team but i'm really not sure if that will happen sometime soon.
  • HackepeterHackepeter Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17107Members, Constellation
    Do I now have to post a new mod in the mod subforum or as Project in the Squad Five subforum?

Should a author create new threads for already existing mods from the mod subforum here?

I'm a bit confused here!
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1933023:date=May 3 2012, 11:32 AM:name=Laosh'Ra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laosh'Ra @ May 3 2012, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933023"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->does this mean [Projects] only make sense if you are <b>already</b> working in a team? if so, please delete my topics in this forum: there are possibilities to work on it as a team but i'm really not sure if that will happen sometime soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No that's ok. What I was more driving as is that ideas might benefit from a bit of pre-planning before being submitted as Projects. But you should have a clear plan that you are ready to start work on before you make [Project] thread.

<!--quoteo(post=1933026:date=May 3 2012, 11:37 AM:name=Hackepeter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hackepeter @ May 3 2012, 11:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933026"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do I now have to post a new mod in the mod subforum or as Project in the Squad Five subforum?

Should a author create new threads for already existing mods from the mod subforum here?

I'm a bit confused here!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's up to you really. If you want your project to be considered for Squad 5 then you'll definitely need to post here. Similarly, if you want feedback from other modders, having a thread in the mod forum would be a good idea as well.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Is hosting of an good server for nearly 1 year a project too? ;)
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1933476:date=May 4 2012, 06:39 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ May 4 2012, 06:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933476"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is hosting of an good server for nearly 1 year a project too? ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think hosting the only decent server for europeans for a long time should be considered such. It had a huge impact on the community (allowing us to play decent quality NS2 games!).
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wouldn't consider it a "project", but a great contribution to the community nonetheless.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Welcome to Squad Five)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Welcome to Squad Five)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Projects are anything that could lead to little pieces of win for NS2. For example:

- Making an thorough informative first post on a forum<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think running a high-quality server is at least comparable to that. But then, where will you draw the line, or will we have 50 server-projects before long...
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1930916:date=Apr 27 2012, 08:39 PM:name=Earth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Earth @ Apr 27 2012, 08:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1930916"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->(...) black armor helps marines cheat so much with aim boost and camouflage boost, extra comm skills etc (...)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did I miss something here?
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1938919:date=May 25 2012, 10:03 PM:name=Melancor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melancor @ May 25 2012, 10:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938919"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did I miss something here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Black armor giving in-game bonuses is a running gag among some people.
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2012
    How do we nominate people in the community?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the link in NS2HD's sig.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hey, I have a map in progress, do I add it as a project in basecamp, or is that just for newly initiated projects?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=1933476:date=May 4 2012, 07:39 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ May 4 2012, 07:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933476"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is hosting of an good server for nearly 1 year a project too? ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well i had ABLEns up and running for along time, and i hope it had atleast some impact on peoples desition to keep playing or spreading the word of NS2.
    And might be a contributing factor to why i made the list :)
    The real trick is to get new players, and spreading the awareness of this awesome game at the same time. Links to your server/site in a healthy and growing community. (whitout spamming) Explaing how awesome NS2 is, make a re/preview, copy/paste a gaming site re/preview, make youtube videos/stream your playing experiences.
    Even if you only get 1 to buy the game or get em to talk about it helps. And hosting a server and telling your friends and famely about it, is a step in the right direction! :)
  • CoookieCoookie Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154458Members
  • Abuk007Abuk007 Join Date: 2012-08-05 Member: 154802Members
    Ready to roll, sir. Just started to make some input, ideas and feedback thru getsatisfaction and some translation for Polish version. Let's create something real together!
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67670Members
    Im curious to know about this stuff, Im a writer for a website so If i wanted to do a piece on NS2 (a hands on per say) would that contribute to this stuff at all? :o
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=1957808:date=Aug 5 2012, 10:17 PM:name=Kitsunami)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kitsunami @ Aug 5 2012, 10:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1957808"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Im curious to know about this stuff, Im a writer for a website so If i wanted to do a piece on NS2 (a hands on per say) would that contribute to this stuff at all? :o<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Dont think a single artical would do it, then all journalists who have written about ns2 would be in S5.
    But if you did a series of articles on more then one site or made it realy extensive and in dept article and/or did some prime promotinal work over some time. Its all about reaching the masses :)
  • MotherGooseMotherGoose Join Date: 2002-03-12 Member: 308Members, Constellation
    I'd like to submit my <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=110094" target="_blank">"NS2 Themed Custom Graphics/Avatars/Signatures"</a> Thread for a Squad 5 [Project]

With success of the thread <i>(@ 60K + it has the 3rd highest view count of any thread on the e-team forum)</i> I hope to further expand this as a central repository of sorts, for any and all 'art resources' common to most digital communities, e.g. Forum signatures, Avatars, banners/logo's for clan's or other websites, facebook cover photos, twitter handle icons, the list goes on and on.

With a selection of 'generic' images i plan to expand on, it's a simple way for someone to add that little extra something to spice up their profile.

As a resource for new players/forum members my goal is to make these economic, yet high quality images, easily available for anyone who wishes to use them. I think there is also a certain satisfaction to seeing your sexy new forum signature appear below your name when participating in an online forum, and to a lesser extent I would hope the 'viral' quality of seeing these images spread on other forums and communities outside of UWE might perhaps pique someones interest enough for them to enter the URL into their browser and discover this freaking awesome game.

I've got a few weeks off work coming up and was planning on smashing out a bunch of new sigs/wallpapers and what nots as well as taking on requests if needed, as such, i've messaged Hugh to get the thread moved from the e-team to the squad five forum.
  • SkulkJesterSkulkJester Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159858Members
    Would some fan art count?
  • SurelogSurelog Join Date: 2007-01-07 Member: 59498Members
    I want in on this. I've been posting NS2 content, have a relatively popular Youtube channel. Actually just did a Vlog about how excited I am about the game coming out Tuesday.
  • DarkshameDarkshame Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167150Members
    Hey all you fellow gamers,
    I would really like to be a part of the (hopefully) growing community. My contributions would be going with streaming(broadcasting), event, and general discussion. Though i've just started, and theres still alot of things there needs to be polished. btw help or useful tips would be highly appreciated! Just pm me here, ingame(steam) or at my twitch channel.

Kind regards, Darkshame
    twitch.tv/darkshame
  • SolusSolus Join Date: 2003-05-02 Member: 16015Members, NS1 Playtester
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Is there a single project that has been invited to basecamp so far? Just wondering what kind of projects are appreciated enough by UWE to achieve this.

Also, are the Squad Five badges still being distributed? Haven't seen it happening for months.
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    so many people did such a great job with mods/maps/casting/leagues.

why did squad 5 stop?
    if time is an issue, i think there are a lot of people out there which would love to help you with that work.
    It was a good idea, which shouldn't stop/end like this.