Hi, im new and ....

G1RG1R Join Date: 2012-08-23 Member: 156275Members
... i really like this game! It´s really fun to play.

But a see a few problems this game will have:

- performance: BF3 has a better performance on my system than this game ( I7 2.2, 4gb, gtx485m ).... i´d like to have at least stable 60 fps ...everything on low .... currently that´s not given so i hope upcoming updates will improve that

- price-tag: 34 $ is a bit too much imo. Take a look at other multiplayer games: shootmania 20 Euro, CS:GO 15 $ ..... keeping in mind that NS2 is not such a "big" game the price is too high.

But performance is my n1 issue atm...

Regards

Comments

• DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    Concerning performance: Known issue for as long as the game has existed. Noone knows how good the game will run in the end, but hopefully it will be at least acceptable enough for the general public. Graphics performance is not the issue, which is why people are so frustrated. Setting graphics options down will actually not affect your performance at all unless your graphics card is pretty old.

Concerning price: Shootmania has about as much content in the whole game as NS2 has in 5 minutes. CS:GO is the same game sold for the third time. $35 for a multiplayer only game is good when you consider other retail games being $60+ or being "free-to-play" and requiring $100 of in-game stuff to be playable (or the usual DLC stuff, e.g. BF3 where you also pay $100+ for everything combined).
    Answering the unevitable follow-up question: There are no paid content DLCs planned for NS2. If there will be any DLCs, then it will be something like the TF2 hats. The game will get free updates after release for a long period of time.
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1966148:date=Aug 23 2012, 07:18 AM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Aug 23 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1966148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Concerning performance: Known issue for as long as the game has existed. Noone knows how good the game will run in the end, but hopefully it will be at least acceptable enough for the general public. Graphics performance is not the issue, which is why people are so frustrated. Setting graphics options down will actually not affect your performance at all unless your graphics card is pretty old.

Concerning price: Shootmania has about as much content in the whole game as NS2 has in 5 minutes. CS:GO is the same game sold for the third time. $35 for a multiplayer only game is good when you consider other retail games being $60+ or being "free-to-play" and requiring $100 of in-game stuff to be playable (or the usual DLC stuff, e.g. BF3 where you also pay $100+ for everything combined).
    Answering the unevitable follow-up question: There are no paid content DLCs planned for NS2. If there will be any DLCs, then it will be something like the TF2 hats. The game will get free updates after release for a long period of time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol fanboy? free to play games don't require hundreds to be playable. My first game of tribes ascend i went 35 and 0. CS:GO is not cs 1.6 and css shipped in 04. NS2 for what it is right now IS a little overpriced.(a MP only game with 4 maps soon to be 5 with 2 bad maps) I don't think they should drop the price tho because this would upset everyone that payed more. They should just have a sale soon after release. Plus im pretty sure the game was priced at 25 before they started to run out of money. So maybe they will drop it to 25 after they ship.
  • Ki11s0n3Ki11s0n3 Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71682Members
    edited August 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1966165:date=Aug 23 2012, 10:18 AM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Aug 23 2012, 10:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1966165"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol fanboy? free to play games don't require hundreds to be playable. My first game of tribes ascend i went 35 and 0. CS:GO is not cs 1.6 and css shipped in 04. NS2 for what it is right now IS a little overpriced.(a MP only game with 4 maps soon to be 5 with 2 bad maps) I don't think they should drop the price tho because this would upset everyone that payed more. They should just have a sale soon after release. Plus im pretty sure the game was priced at 25 before they started to run out of money. So maybe they will drop it to 25 after they ship.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well the thing is that with the price being what it is now means that you will prolly get all future content for free and they even said they are far from done with the game and plan on adding a lot more content which you will most likely get for free. I understand it is a bit pricey for some but it doesn't mean that it is not worth it, and free to play games may not require 100's of $$$ to be playable but some of them you do have to pay in order for it to be enjoyable.

Plus you get their easily moddable engine which means that even if they run out of content you will run into a bunch of user created content which will most likely keep the game popular and alive for many years, heck NS1 is still alive, given the community is small and has migrated over to NS2 it is still alive.
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1966148:date=Aug 23 2012, 05:18 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Aug 23 2012, 05:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1966148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Concerning price: Shootmania has about as much content in the whole game as NS2 has in 5 minutes. CS:GO is the same game sold for the third time. $35 for a multiplayer only game is good when you consider other retail games being $60+ or being "free-to-play" and requiring $100 of in-game stuff to be playable (or the usual DLC stuff, e.g. BF3 where you also pay $100+ for everything combined).
    Answering the unevitable follow-up question: There are no paid content DLCs planned for NS2. If there will be any DLCs, then it will be something like the TF2 hats. The game will get free updates after release for a long period of time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very well written Dghelneshi!
    What I'd like to add is (for me personally), after enjoying NS1 so much, paying $40 for NS2 special edition was worth it just to thank for NS1. If NS2 turned out to be good it'd just be a bonus.

As for performance, it has increased and will continue to increase, nothing has indicated anything otherwise so far, so just be patient!
  • Ki11s0n3Ki11s0n3 Join Date: 2010-05-09 Member: 71682Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1966168:date=Aug 23 2012, 10:26 AM:name=weezl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weezl @ Aug 23 2012, 10:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1966168"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Very well written Dghelneshi!
    What I'd like to add is (for me personally), after enjoying NS1 so much, paying $40 for NS2 special edition was worth it just to thank for NS1. If NS2 turned out to be good it'd just be a bonus.

As for performance, it has increased and will continue to increase, nothing has indicated anything otherwise so far, so just be patient!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly, and performance I doubt will increase much but at least when the game launches we will have a good understanding on what people will need to run the game and it should pretty much stay close to that.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I personally think the game is worth the money. Maybe even worth a bit more. Performance has come down a lot, and will go down more. They guy who optimized the game has a core2duo and an 8800gt. Their goal is to have it run on that. Content wise, more is coming. Especially with how modifiable the game is. A lot of it could be community made.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    One thing people seem to omit concerning the price is that you are getting essentially the whole SDK. 35 dollars for a fun game and a modding suite sounds pretty good to me. Just need to be concerned about the performance of the engine improving (beating a dead horse).
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1966165:date=Aug 23 2012, 06:18 PM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Aug 23 2012, 06:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1966165"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My first game of tribes ascend i went 35 and 0.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hands up if this statement made you think this guy is actually really bad at games and needs to tell other people he is good for reasons which are too sad to go into
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
This discussion has been closed.