NPC Units

RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Make them more accessable for the commander.</div>The MAC is great example of all the NPC units under the commander's control that are used as they were DESIGNED to be used.

Why? Because the only commands you need are go from 'x' to 'z' and they pretty much do the rest. Which in such a fast paced game, is actually more realistic in terms of use. In fact, I think there should actually be a follow command for EXOs. At the moment the MAC armour is a bit OP, but that aside I don't see why not.

The issue with units such as the Whip is the whole 'root' system... what is this actually needed for? Whip rushes would actually be viable if you didn't have this root mechanic.

The same goes for the ARC, which could just auto deploy when it reaches a location. Why not make deployment a time delay rather than a button? I.e. once it has stopped moving for 5 seconds it deploys itself?

I'd love to see some of these lesser units used strategically and tactically as they are supposed to, something I see rarely.

Just make it easier because clicking an extra button doesn't raise the skill level, it just frustrates the commander and actually makes me use them less as a strategic unit.

Comments

• haprohapro Join Date: 2012-03-27 Member: 149492Members
    Because there's a lot of scenarios in which you want to move units to a location but not deploy them, and the deploy/undeploy time helps balance, as the deployable units have offensive capabilities giving defenders more time to react.
  • DaxedDaxed Join Date: 2008-03-19 Member: 63905Members
    No comment on making things auto-deploy, but whips should root pretty much instantly when given the command. They aren't good enough to justify a long time of inactivity while rooting.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Can we root whips all at once yet? Last I checked it was 1 by 1, which made whip rushes pointless. Better to just echo them.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    Yes, you can mass root and unroot.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree with the OP on whips. I wouldn't want my arcs to auto deploy though.
  • Shrike3OShrike3O Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6678Members, Constellation
    I'd like the ability to issue a "go to and root" command to my whips, so I'd have the choice of "move" and "move and root and start killing fools." Maybe if you order them to "attack" a location when unrooted, they go there and root...