Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS2 Build 218 has been shipped off to Steam! For everyone in the now-closed beta that is. (pre-Steam-pre-orderers)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Steam just started downloading an update.
    WOOHOO!
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Refunded on @NS2 earlier? You still have the game and still get the Deluxe + gift copy. If feeling guilty, gift a copy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what. lol?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1972497:date=Sep 5 2012, 08:12 PM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Sep 5 2012, 08:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972497"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what. lol?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It means everyone who was refunded their purchase still has access to the game (it was never removed) and will get the same bonuses.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1972502:date=Sep 5 2012, 10:17 PM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Sep 5 2012, 10:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972502"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It means everyone who was refunded their purchase still has access to the game (it was never removed) and will get the same bonuses.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What?

I think I'm misreading this. It looks like it's saying that everyone who's ever gotten a refund also got to keep their copy after they got their money back.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah, that's a strange calculation. This also means that UWE's success is not influenced by maths, so the only real answer to that is that they divided by zero. How far will you go with those NANITES guys?
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1972505:date=Sep 6 2012, 04:19 AM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 6 2012, 04:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What?

I think I'm misreading this. It looks like it's saying that everyone who's ever gotten a refund also got to keep their copy after they got their money back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I believe that Steam doesn't support removing games from accounts, so they did the next best thing and just gave the money back to those who asked for a refund, because goodwill is more important than a few tens of players having access to the game when they shouldn't.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    That is kind of lol-worthy. But it's actually not that bad of a solution. People might come back later and then learn to like the game. A bigger player base is good for the game and good for UWE. Maybe some people will get envious that certain people now get to play without having to pay. But then that's true for the free copies we get as well, and who's going to complain about that. Personally I don't care care if I'm the only one who actually payed for the game and everyone else gets to play for free.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Discussing how to clean up the 'on death' spectator experience. What would you guys like to see?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Any chance of a "You were killed by" death cam? That's sort of a staple of FPSes these days, and there are a lot of confusing ways to die in NS.

Edit: Or were you talking about when the guy you're spectating dies? Switching to the perspective of the killer might be cool. Alternately just picking a nearby teammate.
  • pvthochpvthoch Join Date: 2012-03-28 Member: 149528Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1972505:date=Sep 5 2012, 08:19 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Sep 5 2012, 08:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What?

I think I'm misreading this. It looks like it's saying that everyone who's ever gotten a refund also got to keep their copy after they got their money back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i got my refund and still got my copy with acces and the mail saying im geting the deluxe bonus
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1973005:date=Sep 6 2012, 03:10 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Sep 6 2012, 03:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any chance of a "You were killed by" death cam? That's sort of a staple of FPSes these days, and there are a lot of confusing ways to die in NS.

Edit: Or were you talking about when the guy you're spectating dies? Switching to the perspective of the killer might be cool. Alternately just picking a nearby teammate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think there should be multiple modes you can be in, with the mode you're in determining whether the camera detaches, follows the nearest teammate, or follows the killer. Modes can be switched via hotkeys.
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    Slow Mo- Instant replay of your death.
  • PerestroikaPerestroika Join Date: 2011-07-24 Member: 111955Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2012
    do NOT want "freezecam" or " death replay"

frezecam is just obnoxious and death cams like in call of duty just make me rage because they show the ping discrepancy between what you saw happen and what the killer saw

maybe spectates a teammate like every other fps

I dont have a problem with the way it is currently tbh
    need a killcam to spot aimbotters at game release
  • PerestroikaPerestroika Join Date: 2011-07-24 Member: 111955Members, NS2 Map Tester
    first person spectating needs to be in 1.0 ofc
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1972800:date=Sep 6 2012, 10:15 AM:name=NurEinMensch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NurEinMensch @ Sep 6 2012, 10:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972800"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is kind of lol-worthy. But it's actually not that bad of a solution. People might come back later and then learn to like the game. A bigger player base is good for the game and good for UWE. Maybe some people will get envious that certain people now get to play without having to pay. But then that's true for the free copies we get as well, and who's going to complain about that. Personally I don't care care if I'm the only one who actually payed for the game and everyone else gets to play for free.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well; destroys the whole concept of another game or sequel to Natural Selection 2 coming off from the success of this if everyone but you got it for free.
    Plus who said giving the game-pass to a friend for free? Now I can sell it to obtain all of the Unusual Hats! [/Sarcasm]
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    re: popup message / pre-order NS2 now - no, not seen that one myself
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    The more players = the more players having fun = the more players recommending it to their friends = the more people purchasing the game.
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-UWE@twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UWE@twitter)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Did any of you see this "Pre-purchase NS2" now via the Steam "instant message" (attached)? <a href="http://t.co/25qNIwVI" target="_blank">http://t.co/25qNIwVI</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    nop, saw 3 other games
    heres my feedback nerf fades to the ground
  • JowJow Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106032Members
    White text with black outline for loading screen hints please, helps so much with the visibility.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1973084:date=Sep 6 2012, 02:59 PM:name=Jow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jow @ Sep 6 2012, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973084"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->White text with black outline for loading screen hints please, helps so much with the visibility.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This, or add a stylized border like the in-game banners (holographic grid vs pheromone clouds)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1973084:date=Sep 6 2012, 09:59 PM:name=Jow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jow @ Sep 6 2012, 09:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973084"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->White text with black outline for loading screen hints please, helps so much with the visibility.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, the entire reload screen design is going to be redone, and it will incorporate some backgrounds behind the hint text to make them more readable.

--Cory
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited September 2012
    Death cam:

I'm for that version: Your own First Person-cam chases your killer for a few seconds after dying. When you click, you go into First Person of him (or a team member, make it an admin-cvar).
    While dead there should be the top-down-view, first person spectate, thirdperson and free cam (with a 'walking'-function when pressing shift).
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    When you die the game should search your Steam friends list for someone who is better at NS2 and send them a 5 minute recording of all the gameplay leading up to your death, along with an attached request for them to analyze your play and explain where you went wrong. Then when you get your feedback you give it a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down." If you give it a "thumbs up," Steam deducts $5 from your account and sends it to your friend as a payment. If you "thumbs down" the feedback your friend gets VAC banned.

CoD 4 did this I think and it worked pretty well if I remember correctly. I might be off by a bit.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:pink--><span style="color:pink"><!--/coloro-->On death?

Well for starters something should be done about the way you switch target players while spectating, since when you go to hatch as an alien your camera briefly peeks at a teammate before you pop out. Kind of awkward. Perhaps list your teammates' status on the side of the screen (like in actual spec mode) and use WASD to flick between them, highlighting the one you're following?

Another thought is to have audio feedback when the spectating ends as you're about to spawn. Like the hive mind voice whispering "awaken my child" or something (inb4 overmind quotes). For marines you'd have the comm lady saying "quantum entanglement locked, prepare for deployment" or so? That's assuming you're going with QE as the lore behind infantry portals/beacons/phase gates. I dunno hehe.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hugh is making some epic video that features a unicorn.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KOcg-eAaYg&feature=player_detailpage#t=850s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KOcg-eAaYg...tailpage#t=850s</a>
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Natural Selection 2 is due to finally launch for PC, Mac and Linux in October<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/article/75625/natural-selection-2-giving-45000-free-copies-to-pre-orderers" target="_blank">http://www.shacknews.com/article/75625/nat...to-pre-orderers</a>
    Mac and Linux versions on 1.0?
    Not that I'm personally much interested in either of them, other than improving accessability.
    I just seemed to recall those were post 1.0?
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OMG Dushan just sped up...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome, here we go guys, major performance improvement coming in the next build!! <b>Sweeeeeet!</b>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->..."Find in Files" in Decoda. Hallelujah!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<i><sigh></i>
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/244264088723652609" target="_blank">Experimenting with sentry batteries - a way to use sentries offensively. Seems pretty awesome to me.</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

EEK
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Experimenting with sentry batteries - a way to use sentries offensively. Seems pretty awesome to me.

sounds dangerous, could render the powernodes as defence breaker useless.

i also just had an idea for the wall-jump. pretty simple, every walljump gives +1 speed, up to a maximum of +3. detirioration of the speedbuff rather fast, so if you want to keep +2-+3 you need to keep walljumping.