How did the first day of steam sales go?

2»

Comments

• extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    showed my son the beta 6 months ago when i helped him build a PC. no sale.

he went to pax prime, met the developers & played the 217 build there. he was on the fence, but after that decided to buy the game as soon as it became available on steam.

irony of course is that i will have a free key that i could have given him.

have yet another son, who i helped build a PC & he got in on the early deal based on my my prompting & demo.

now i need to build *me* a machine :mad:
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1973724:date=Sep 7 2012, 09:50 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Sep 7 2012, 09:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973724"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nevermind the first day, NS2 is currently #2 in all of Steam, only being beaten by Skyrim. Hell yeah.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are on the second page, AKA skyrim is 11 and NS2 is 12.
  • STARSBarrySTARSBarry Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67671Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    to be fair number 1 is the new X-COM (which comes with guile hair if enough people preorder) also NS is £18.99 thats fine for someone like me.... but none of my mates understand what sorta game it is no matter how I try to tell em about it. I think as it gets closer to release date the sales will pick it up, but i suspect for an indie game it wont be doing to badly :P
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1973737:date=Sep 7 2012, 05:19 PM:name=jbaker8935)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbaker8935 @ Sep 7 2012, 05:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973737"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->showed my son the beta 6 months ago when i helped him build a PC. no sale.

he went to pax prime, met the developers & played the 217 build there. he was on the fence, but after that decided to buy the game as soon as it became available on steam.

irony of course is that i will have a free key that i could have given him.

have yet another son, who i helped build a PC & he got in on the early deal based on my my prompting & demo.

now i need to build *me* a machine :mad:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All I saw here was that a dad (or... mom?) has two sons who play PC games with him. This is awesome and I hope my kids are the same way. Sucks about not saving money with the free copy, though
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1973915:date=Sep 8 2012, 02:33 AM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Sep 8 2012, 02:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1973915"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All I saw here was that a dad (or... mom?) has two sons who play PC games with him. This is awesome and I hope my kids are the same way. Sucks about not saving money with the free copy, though<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is that really so unusual, though? Last I heard the average age of a PC gamer was 42.

My mother is 64 and she'll play every ###### FPS ever made as long as it's not multiplayer(cooperative is fine, aka no random strangers). The only games we've had in common lately though is borderlands and diablo III.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is pretty awesome to have kids to play computer games with, until they start using your computer to play game all the time, so you have to get one for them, and keep all the computers upgrades to play the latest games. Pretty expensive...