Editor Request List

13»

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1927622:date=Apr 20 2012, 01:02 PM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Apr 20 2012, 01:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1927622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ctrl+d stopped working a while ago. I use ctrl+c - ctrl+v, does the job :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've never used it myself, I'm too used to ctrl+c ctrl+v :P
  • hookeyedhookeyed Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62011Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2012
    [edit] Whoops, nevermind.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Something that I would love to see, is some sort of duplication along a path. Like in many other 3d modeling tools. You create two 'splines' or in this case two lines, a path and a profile. And spark would duplicate that profile along the path.

It is something that can be done manually, but a tool that does it for you would greatly speed up the process and allow for some very creative things.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I asked Max about it in person at Paxeast, and he said its coming, but just to throw it back out there. Translucency in the new texture system! I gots to have it.
  • PallorwagPallorwag Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149235Members
    Displacement Requests:
    <ul><li>smooth tool</li><li>sew seams</li><li>texture blending</li><li>target weld</li><li>set a displacements face normals for textures.</li><li>planar verts to XY or Z (optional really)</li><li>(bug) left over geometry after build mesh geometry is clicked.</li></ul>
    Creating terrain is too tedious right now.
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've skimmed the thread and I don't see the obvious, the major reason I'm holding off on mapping for NS2(there are lots of small reasons as well, but this is the big one), apply the current material to the adjacent face with wrapping.

This simple feature removes the biggest, most tedious aspect of mapping in spark and easily halves the time spent on a map, all by itself. Here's how it works in hammer for source and half-life 1; you select a face, you alt+rmb on an adjacent face and as if by magic the texture flows continously onto the adjacent face without seams.

If you have some kind of cylinder, arch or chamfered corner, it's just a couple of alt+RMB to get seamlessly aligned textures flowing along the curved surface.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1935269:date=May 10 2012, 11:58 PM:name=Soylent_green)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soylent_green @ May 10 2012, 11:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1935269"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've skimmed the thread and I don't see the obvious, the major reason I'm holding off on mapping for NS2(there are lots of small reasons as well, but this is the big one), apply the current material to the adjacent face with wrapping.

This simple feature removes the biggest, most tedious aspect of mapping in spark and easily halves the time spent on a map, all by itself. Here's how it works in hammer for source and half-life 1; you select a face, you alt+rmb on an adjacent face and as if by magic the texture flows continously onto the adjacent face without seams.

If you have some kind of cylinder, arch or chamfered corner, it's just a couple of alt+RMB to get seamlessly aligned textures flowing along the curved surface.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I miss this A LOT. Texturing is pretty tedious right now.
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1935274:date=May 10 2012, 06:20 PM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ May 10 2012, 06:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1935274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I miss this A LOT. Texturing is pretty tedious right now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah no denying that
  • alibialibi Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69445Members
    edited May 2012
    I have HEAPS of requests but start small hehe.

- There should never really be floating edges especially not vertices left behind when you delete the face they form(ed).
    When a face is selected the edges and vertices should be automatically assumed selected also. If you delete the face, floating edges and verts that don't belong to another face should disappear.

- If you weld two elements together they aren't treated as one element (evident when double clicking).

- Shift-extruding edges with the gizmo.

More later :)
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There should never really be floating edges especially not vertices left behind when you delete the face they form(ed).
    When a face is selected the edges and vertices should be automatically assumed selected also. If you delete the face, floating edges and verts that don't belong to another face should disappear.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd actually prefer to avoid this. I often delete a face but still need the edges left behind. What I find more troubling is when I delete an edge and there is just a magic floating vertex left behind that isn't connected to anything (though it was previously connected to the edge I just deleted).
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1935274:date=May 11 2012, 08:20 AM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ May 11 2012, 08:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1935274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1935269:date=May 10 2012, 11:58 PM:name=Soylent_green)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soylent_green @ May 10 2012, 11:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1935269"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've skimmed the thread and I don't see the obvious, the major reason I'm holding off on mapping for NS2(there are lots of small reasons as well, but this is the big one), apply the current material to the adjacent face with wrapping.

If you have some kind of cylinder, arch or chamfered corner, it's just a couple of alt+RMB to get seamlessly aligned textures flowing along the curved surface.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I miss this A LOT. Texturing is pretty tedious right now.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 to better texturing tools

(and *bump*)
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    Apart from the <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=120815" target="_blank">orientation bug here</a>, i would like to see better selecting and deselecting by double clicking, at the moment you can only double click to select a whole object once, we should then be able to hold ctrl and double click another whole object.

I would mainly like see time saving features added like this, textures are a pain at the moment and until they're fixed and stop moving out of alignment when objects move i won't make the effort to make things neat, i honestly don't know how others can spend so long on this stuff, it seems a bit mean to make people tediously mess around with little things like this when it could be fixed.
  • CetmeCetme Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74325Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1974324:date=Sep 9 2012, 06:29 AM:name=Mouse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mouse @ Sep 9 2012, 06:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1974324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I miss this A LOT. Texturing is pretty tedious right now.

+1 to better texturing tools

(and *bump*)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Too. Pls UWE help us. :D

Greetz Cetme
    Id also like to see more common but useful fps entities like buttons to control other entities, movement (along a path, rotate etc), teleportation (we already have phases gates, this shouldn't be hard to add?), push (to make wind or jump pads etc) and so on...
  • CetmeCetme Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74325Members
    I don't know if they are allready named but this are my wishes:

- rotate and scale tool should follow the rotation of a prop (I am not sure if it called here as "dynamic props")
    - rotation of elements should be able with writing "30°" not just with the rotation tool
    - lockable textures
    - make it possible to stop the line tool to jumping to the middle of a line
    - make it possible to give props points at the edges and the middle of two edges (?) to make it easier to snap them on the grid or a line, point, etc.

That is all I have to say for the first. I hope it is understandable. ;)
    Stuff going off grid is getting more annoying the more i map, surely we should have a serious bug list that needs fixing now?
  • AphalAphal Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8709Members
    edited September 2012
    Not sure where else to post this, but my Editor crashes any time I try to press the button to bring up the 4-viewport view with front/top/side/3d. If I stay in just the single, 3D viewport, it doesn't crash. Anyone have this happen & have any luck fixing it?

System is:
    Phenom X3 720 BE
    4GB DDR2
    NVIDIA GTX 260 Core 216

Running @ 1920x1200.

Edit: nevermind, this somehow fixed itself!
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    It sucks dealing with overlapping lines. There should be some kind of way to merge them together.
  • JanosJanos Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1050Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1978429:date=Sep 16 2012, 12:35 PM:name=Magneto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magneto @ Sep 16 2012, 12:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1978429"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Stuff going off grid is getting more annoying the more i map, surely we should have a serious bug list that needs fixing now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh I completely agree with that, drives me insane when moving large amounts of geometry just 8 units to find it's all gone off the grid and requires rescaling just to get it all back to normal but then the textures all become misaligned, or worse if you move geometry with a model then it's almost definitely going off grid.

That and the better texturing tools.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Option to set lights to not turn back on with backup lighting ingame, i would love some lights (or rooms) not turning back on again.