Is UW Still taking donations?

Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
Once upon a time I donated a few bucks to support NS and become a Constellation member in the process. That was probably 10 or so years ago. I'm positive that there are many others like me that made donations back then and preordered NS2 when it first was offered on the site.

Sure there are many games that I love to play, a lot of which are by the mainstream developers. Those developers don't need my donations (and some arguably don't deserve it) they make enough money with their game sales alone. Unknown Worlds philosophy, however, has always been "How can we make this game better for the community?" as opposed to something like "How can we force the players to use our Real Money Auction House so we can take a chunk of all the real profits from a fictional market?" Not to name any names. Ahem. But I digress...

My point here: Is UW still is accepting monetary donations for those of us who may not have the skills or time to contribute in the form of a Squad Five project? I looked around the site couldn't find any links or forum threads, unless I'm blind.

Comments

• TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited September 2012
    The Constellation program has ended, rather recently in fact. If you're looking for ways to help UWE, you can always introduce your friends to NS2; that will help the developers make more money and help the game's community grow.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah if you wish to donate, just buy more copies and give them to friends :D
    Or run competitions etc :)
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would actually donate to UWE for Squad 5 status, I've bought NS2 for myself and a friend, I did Constie. These guys deserve all the support :)
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you really want to give money to UWE, buy more copies and give them away.
    However, if you really just want to buy a special icon for yourself (Constellation or otherwise), you cannot.