Blind's Beta Cup LIVE!

2»

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2012
    Hopefully the devs will take heed of the unfortunate balance implications of certain features, showcased in many games in this tournament, and especially in the final match.

I would be happy to tell them exactly why it happens, and what could be done to fix it, and I wouldn't be an ass about it. We're just trying to move the game forward.
  • [R8]DJBourgeoisie[R8]DJBourgeoisie Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62176Members
    I'd really like to see a competitive game in NS2:C mod, just to see how it currently stands up.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I'm sure we'll give it a try when it's ready.

I should also say, as I said in the stream chat and on the server: Thanks a lot for organizing this tournament guys -- blind, the other casters (ryne, arclight, omegaweapon) and the referees -- it was a lot of fun. Also thanks to all the other teams, had good games throughout the weekend.

More tournaments coming up in a few weeks as well, so there's a lot more drama to look forward to.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I entered it into challenge correctly... when you post a score it asks for the score of game 1 then you add a game for game two... Are you saying that it should have been 2-0 for game one? cause thats not correct. Not that it matter, the score is the same either way.

Was interesting to watch and ref, thank you to all the teams! and good job Blind
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    Just watched the duplex exertus tie breaker, holy crap! What a great game! Congratulations to both teams for that, can't wait to watch the finals now.
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Wow what a weekend - I fear I keep repeating myself too often, but again, thanks to everyone. I am just happy. Awesome matches.

Will have to cut the games and put them as single VODs online, but not today :)

Also waiting for the games casted by ArcLight and Omega!
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Any data on how long each match lasted? I felt the length was really good, 15-25 minutes or so seemed like the average.

Well done!
  • DuskDusk Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106114Members, Constellation
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Great work Blind! Went off without a hitch.

Everyone who spectated: give feedback on the round robin format: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=121549" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=121549</a>
  • SkugganSkuggan Join Date: 2010-03-19 Member: 71017Members
    Awesome intro to the cast!

What was the music?
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    "Time" from Hans Zimmer
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Also non-streamed matches blind gave me permission to record are up on my channel!

Currently it's just day 1 (first 4 rounds), day 2 with round 5, tie breaker and finals will be up in 24h!

Hope you guys enjoy it

Vids are here and rest will be added when encoded and uploaded ;) so if you missed it you can see it from my perspective.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeaKUXyvHLbiGz6yXTwfbv9w5s6WF9kNX" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeaK...wfbv9w5s6WF9kNX</a>
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Despite a lot of boring strategies, the tournament seems to have been run very well, judging from the spectator side of it. The teams were ready to play and the stream was live on schedule without confusion about the rules (that the stream saw anyway). No coin tosses A+++

The tie breaker between Exertus and Duplex is likely one of the most interesting games I've watched in NS2.
  • CitronasCitronas Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155742Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1985494:date=Oct 1 2012, 01:09 AM:name=ArcL!ght)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcL!ght @ Oct 1 2012, 01:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1985494"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also non-streamed matches blind gave me permission to record are up on my channel!

Currently it's just day 1 (first 4 rounds), day 2 with round 5, tie breaker and finals will be up in 24h!

Hope you guys enjoy it

Vids are here and rest will be added when encoded and uploaded ;) so if you missed it you can see it from my perspective.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeaKUXyvHLbiGz6yXTwfbv9w5s6WF9kNX" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeaK...wfbv9w5s6WF9kNX</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for uploading! In the last days I wasn't able to play myself but still wanted to see some NS2. Finally some fresh matches to watch ;)

It seems that blind has also uploaded some footage on this youtube channel.

Thanks for the tournament and the videos. Is it correct to assume, that there is no way to watch footage from twitch.tv after is has been streamed? I hadn't have the opportunity to watch the games live and had to wait until after the tournament to see some clips go up on youtube. That's the only thing that could be improved ^^
  • CitronasCitronas Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155742Members
    I got another thing to improve: Is it possible to increase the length of the videos to a minimum of ~30 minutes, like showing a black screen if the match is shorter?

I tend to only watch matches longer > 10 minutes, because knowing there is gonna be a gamewinning baserush at minute 4 doesn't want me to watch this video. I'd rather be surprised about a base rush rather than knowing there is gonna be one.
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    It is possible but that way you are adding extra MB to empty game and make upload process longer.